Skip to main content

DUNZO

 I have tried my hardest not to complain about 2020. It hasn't been easy, but because 2019 was such a hard year for us, I feel like I am able to see goodness in bad situations. But ya'll...I am D.O.N.E. .

When Carlie's college graduation and Makena's high school graduation got canceled due to the "pandemic " I was done. But I didn't forsee we would be planning a wedding in it as well as dealing with a very demanding bride (aka MY DAUGHTER). God love her. I thought I was getting a February wedding (I was pushing for May) but it turns out, she wants to get married in NOVEMBER. Remember how in my last post I said there were some things I couldn't talk about yet...this is it! 

Carl and I have talked until we were blue in the face. Our problem is not her choice in a mate (necessarily), not even the fact that they are young (we were 19 and 20), but they have only known each other for 9 months (I know there are success stories, but Carl and I dated for 3 years before we were married)! Her reasoning on moving up the date is so they can move in their house together. Really?. I love this determined child with all of my heart, but sometimes I just want to thump her in the forehead! I have stepped back about as far as I can. I have prayed into the wee hours of the morning, many days. 

I made the comment to my dad that God only has a few weeks to stop the madness, to which he replied, "He allows us to make our choices and He doesn't work on our time." And I know this. But I still want to stomp my feet and throw a fit about it!

Thankfully, I have two other kids and my Carl to  distract me. I have started a gratitude journal to remind me of all the ways God provides and moves in my life. I have even been trying new recipes (you guys know I don't really love cooking), and I have started working out again (but working out through sciatica is no fun at all). All in hopes of "making it through" what is supposed to be a happy and exciting time. Okay, I am done talking about that subject for now.

I enjoy spending time with my guys preparing for deer hunting.

My Wrangler wearin' mullet boy. 
He isn't happy that I'm making him cut it for the wedding.

We carved pumpkins at Gospel Project a couple of weeks ago. Trey stayed at the little kids table with my class. There really aren't many kids his age at church any more. He is kind of too old for most of them...I mean, how can a 15 year old associate with 11/12 year olds?! It's cooler to help the 4/5 year olds I guess!

Carl let Ollie come in. He secretly likes cats...shhh!

Mama and her chickens.

They love anyone who gives them treats, but especially sweet people like Makena Faith!

Makena picked "Winchester Surprise" to make from her Supernatural cookbook. It was delicious! Trey wouldn't try it though. 

I took Makena and Trey down to Arkansas Post so Makena could gather some information on a battle that took place there during the Civil War. It was for a school project.

I love these two!

We had a bonfire and pumpkin carving at my parent's house for my sister, Jamie's birthday. The kids had a good time.

Makena with her jack-o-lantern 

And Toby Lewis had to be in the picture too!

Trey with his jack-o-lantern. I told him it reminds me of Jack Skelington. 

Five little pumpkins.
Carlie was on-call all weekend. 

I know that was a lot of pictures but I still have tons more! I guess that means I need to get busy writing more posts. My heart just hasn't been in it lately. I didn't even take the time to edit these pictures, so this is as real and raw as it gets. I'm just dunzo.

Much Love, 
Beth 



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a