Skip to main content

Regrouping



Happy Tuesday friends! Hope you are all having a great start to your week. Things are rolling right along here on the homestead.

 We are currently in the 12th week of our homeschooling year. Trey is doing well, other than the fact that school is still still not his favorite thing. He would just rather be hunting, fishing, or riding 4wheelers. He has finally agreed to cut the mullet off (not that he really had a choice, but I let him think he did.)! So tomorrow is the day and I am super excited to see the clean version of Trey. After the wedding he says he is growing it all out...not just the back. I'm hoping he loves the new look so much that he changes his mind.

Helping out with our Gospel Project

He thought he was cute with this ponytail, I did not! I do enjoy the time I get to spend with him doing the things he likes to do, like checking game cameras. 

Trey and Silas at Trunk or Treat.
He is good with little kids but he will tell you he doesn't like them. Tough guy syndrome!

Makena Faith is wrapping up her first semester at Ouachita Baptist. This has been a major adjustment for her. She is ready for a break for sure! Only two more weeks and she will be home for a month. Last weekend we went shopping for a little black dress. This week is rush week and Saturday is bid day. 

Confidence looks great on her!

She decorated her car in a Christmas theme for Trunk or Treat and of course, promoted helping with Operation Christmas Child by recruiting Noah to dress as the box!

Now that I've had the time to adjust and *accept* the things that obviously aren't going to change, I am in regrouping mode. Trying my best to help out where I can. Carlie has always had a mind of her own, and that is something that has always made me proud. I am still proud of her. She will celebrate her 20th birthday on Thursday. That just happens to also be the day that she closes on her house. I still say this is all happening too fast but she is happy. What more can a parent ask for?  My version of perfection is not "the end all, be all". I said I am "regrouping", meaning I am a working on it. 

Love this!


Carlie and Caleb did circus games for Trunk or Treat. 

Carl and the guys finished harvest on Saturday. What a relief it is for that to be over. I feel like I was at my breaking point with everything going on all at once. I think when this wedding is over momma and daddy need a little getaway!

My Family

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Philippians 1:3

Much Love,
Beth






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a