Skip to main content

When Nothing Goes As Planned....

Makena was really excited to ride the escalator when we got there!
Not doing so good, now...

post-op
Ellie Kate Caroline

This has probably been one of the most emotionally stressful weeks I have had in a LONG time. Monday wasn't so bad--the kids were off for the holiday and Carl didn't even have to work--he's never been off for MLK day. So we spent the day just hanging out--outside some, since we have such wonderful springtime weather:) I got up Tuesday morning, ready for the day--took the girls to school, made my (daily) trip to Wal-Mart, went to the bank, ran some other errands, then made my way back home. NOTHING could have prepared me for the news I was about to get. A terrible tragedy happened involving some pretty important people at our little school. I will not get into details, as to this day more stuff keeps surfacing, but I'll tell you that it definitely threw me for a loop. No one is dead, but there are injuries and scars that may never completely heal. God is working, that I am completely sure of. Nothing is out of HIS control. Since I'm being so evasive I won't continue about it, but please just pray for this family, for our school, and for Carlie(she's not doing all that well with it). Carl is at a counseling assembly this morning to help the parents answer any questions their children might have about the whole ordeal.
So in the midst of all this, Makena had her tonsillectomy and adnoidectomy scheduled for yesterday. Carlie and Trey were supposed to stay the night with my Mom and Dad Tuesday night and we had to get up around 4:00 a.m. to leave for the hospital. Well, we got a call around 1:30 a.m. from my Mom saying that she was leaving to go to the hospital because Jamie was having her baby!!! WHAT?! Who was going to keep my kids? I know that kind of sound selfish, but Makena was having surgery here! My sweet Grandmother came and stayed with Carlie and Trey so we didn't have to go get them and bring them back home. After a whole 2 hours of sleep, Carl and I got up and drove Makena to LR in the pouring rain. Thankfully at that time of day, traffic isn't bad:) We got there on time, and I thought Makena was going to be fine. Then we had to wait, and wait, for 2hrs...we waited. That gave her time to think, and think....and you know what happened then...she started getting upset. Then just what we needed-comic relief-our pastor came in. He jokes and kids around with Makena a lot, and that made her laugh and smile a little. Then we got to go in a room with a TV and that helped even more:) By the time they wheeled her back she was fine. As they were wheeling her back, I got the call that my niece, Ellie Kate had just been born. I wanted to be there SO bad. I had been there when both of the boys were born. If only she had waited until Friday(when the c-section was scheduled) I would have been there. Nothing has gone as planned this week...NOTHING. Makena ended up not having to stay the night because she did so great after the surgery. She didn't have any nausea or vomiting(so thankful). We left the hospital around 1:30 and were home at 3:30.
We had a surprisingly good night last night and we all got some much needed sleep. I'm having a little harder time getting anything down her today than yesterday and she's still needing the pain medicine every 4 hours. Please pray for a speedy recovery because she can't wait to see that baby and neither can I!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a