Skip to main content

Getting Real..

Have you ever turned your computer on to your favorite social networking site to find someone say just the right thing you needed to hear at that moment in your life?!  Well, that doesn't happen very often due to the fact that some people think they have to write every little thing that comes to their mind as their status, but today it happened to me.  As I was checking my facebook I found this as someones status:  Fail proof plan for not falling:  Stay humbly and prayerfully down on your knees.  The high horse bucks, my friends, in unexpected ways.
Sometimes we are awfully arrogant, aren't we?  We think that we don't need God's help.....self-sufficient comes to mind.  Why?   I find myself weakened by this..."I got this God, maybe I'll need your help next time".  Well, "I ain't got this", and I know deep down that I need His help everyday to just do the basics (breathing) but sometimes I let arrogance slip in.  Help me see where I fail you, Lord.  That's just something that's been on my mind, so thanks for letting me ramble.

On a lighter note, not too much has been going on around here this week.  I'm back to working on Tuesday's at the school (I got off-schedule for a week or two) and that means that Trey is back to staying with Nanny on those days....SPOILED ROTTEN is what he is becoming.  She takes him to town and buys him WAY too much stuff!  He almost burned her house down this week by turning the attic fan on when she didn't know it!  Thankfully he told her before anything major happened.  Bless his heart, I hope he really enjoys this year, since it's his last year at home (sniff, sniff).  I just can't see him being at school all day, everyday.  It will be hard on him (and me)!! 
Today was picture day for the girls, and it just didn't get off to a good start.  We didn't leave the house until 7:55 and then I remembered that I had to go get Trey's car seat from my mom's car!  I've gotta get that woman a car seat for her own!  On top of that I didn't have time to fix lunches, so I had to run in Wal-Mart to get them something....bad morning, but it turned into a pretty good afternoon.  Tonight is Discovery at church, and the kids are really excited about it.  Makena is about to get into her red book as soon as she does her last project.  Carlie is halfway through her red book....I'm trying to get her to slow down.  She is very competitive and wants to finish first, but she really is memorizing her verses and doing all the work and I don't want to discourage her. 
Carlie and Makena were both invited to a sleepover Friday night, and a birthday party on Saturday...should be a fun, busy weekend. 
Carl has been pretty busy cutting beans(now that they're all ready) and hasn't been getting in until late.  The rain didn't help us much the other day...they didn't get ANY at the farm!!  Maybe they'll be done by next Tuesday, because we are going to the pumpkin patch with the school on Wednesday!!  I love fall :)  Hope you've all had a great Wednesday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a