Skip to main content

Praise God From Who All Blessings Flow....

Yesterday started out as just your typical, average, ordinary day.  The girls went to school, Trey and I cleaned house, played, and then he stayed with my Mom while I went to pick the girls up.  Nothing too exciting.  So after running a few errands I picked up Carlie and Makena.  Makena was quiet then all of a sudden she burst into tears and said that she knew she needed to ask Jesus to come into her heart.  This was not a huge surprise to me because  I overheard her and Carlie talking about it a few weeks ago, and I heard Makena tell Carlie that she would do it when she was ready!  I've also been watching her in church.  That being said, I still needed to know for sure that she knew, so I questioned her all the way home and finally she said that if Jesus came back right then, that she would not go to heaven.  That is hard to hear.  She didn't want to talk to our preacher (she's really shy) and not that she needed to, but she talked to our pastor's wife and then prayed all on her own, and that's how our "ordinary day" became a very special day....Makena's spiritual birthday :)  On our way home from my Mom's she said, "Now I'll get to walk on the streets of gold".  Such a precious, tender moment.  My cup overflows.  I'm so thankful that Makena has so many Godly influences in her life.   Carlie told me that they had been doing devotionals on salvation over the past week at school.  Can you imagine that....for those of you who have experienced the conviction of the Holy Spirit and have tried to fight it off (maybe not the best of terms, but you know what I mean), you'll know what I'm talking about....she was being "hit" with it from all sides: home, church, and school.  She just couldn't fight it anymore, and for that, I am  thankful.

"If thou shalt confess with thou mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."  Romans 10:9

Comments

That is awesome, Beth! Know that is a HUGE answered prayer for y'all. What a blessing to not only have Christian influences at home and church, but also school.

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a