Skip to main content

We Made It!

Oh, Yeah, we made it through our first week of school!!!  I am very pleased to report that all the kiddos are loving their classes :)
 Carlie seems to like being in with the older kids and is adjusting very well to being in with different kids.  She has already had a few quizzes this week and made 100's on all of them except History.  What is it with her and History?!  She made a new/old friend, Camryn.  Camryn has been to VBS at our church in the past and actually lives out here by us, but we don't really run in the same circles, so we hardly see her and her family.
Makena is doing great too!  She has made a new friend, Oriah.  Oriah moved here with her family from Texas about three years ago and has previously attended the Catholic School here in town and her brother Meshach has attended our school, but this is her first year here at our school.  She is in the 4th grade and Makena is in the 5th, but they are in the same room, so they get to see each other all day.  Makena had two quizzes on Friday, but doesn't know what she made on them yet.  I'm not worried :)
Trey has had a pretty good week too!  He isn't wanting to wear his glasses during the video like he is supposed to (he said that his headphones hit them and hurt his head), so we've had a little talk and told him he HAS to wear them during video.  He did very well in class until yesterday.  He was still behaving well, he just got caught talking in class, so he got a stick pulled.  One for the whole week isn't that bad (I guess.).  Mrs. Odom still considers him one of her best students.  He's just a boy :)  Next week homework starts for everybody, so the madness will begin.  I sure hope I can help them study like I have in the past....now I'll just have to make room for one more!

Makena was being silly....dressed up like a witch!

My bearded T
Makena and the kids having fun on the 4wheeler

Carlie's turn to drive!  They all love it when she drives because she is a little crazy with her driving.  I have to tell her a lot to slow down and not turn so sharp!

Look Out!  Now T's driving.  Don't worry, I'm never far....
I was crowned Queen of Fort Munger

We thought a storm was a brewin'
 
I guess that's about all for now.  Carl has been working late all week, but I just keep reminding myself that every late night is getting us closer to being done! 
Tomorrow is church and Carlie is going to Hot Springs with my dad afterwards.  She's been begging him to take her on one of his trips all summer long, so here it is at the end and she's finally going :)  I guess they'll have a little bonding time! 
 
Happy Weekend!!
Beth
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a