Skip to main content

April Highlights

IT'S GONNA BE MAY!!!!
Seriously, April has been a stinker of a month! We have had two funerals at our church in 4 weeks (that is a lot for a small rural church!) and I have had a allergy/sinus headache for 95% of the month😷😷. Carl has also been super busy prepping fields and planting rice. The "April showers " have been almost nonexistent so all of the farmers have been working 6 to 7 days a week. Thankfully we caught a rain last weekend and Carl was able to have a break. There are times i get extremely tired of planning my life around the weather. After 18 years you would think I would be used to it. The problem is that it wears on all of us. Carl is tired, the kids are in need of daddy time, and I just need help....all of that combined can cause short tempers and irritability. Most of the rice is planted and before the weekend rain they started working on bean ground. Now they are talking about the possibility of flooding over the weekend😣😣. 
At the beginning of the month our church took some of our youth to the Arkansas Youth Conference. The speaker was not good BUT the music was okay, the Skit Guys were hilarious, and most importantly, the kids had a good time. I didn't take many pictures and the ones I got were mostly with my phone🙃
My roomies were Makena and Anna Grace

My sweet girl

Pop, Trey, and Spencer

Eating at Gus's Fried Chicken before we headed home 
Now on to Easter:
My mom and dad got the boys RC boats.

They are so competitive. All they wanted to do was race!

We grilled out hamburgers on Saturday. Carl got off work about 20 minutes before we started cooking.
Makena was in charge of the cheese dip. 

Mom, Grammy, and Carlie

They are my favorite trio!

Me with my love!

Makena took this close up of T

We hunted eggs with the family at the Community Center.
My cousin, Jill gave all of the kids a ride on the Bad Boy.
We went fishing at the farm later Easter afternoon. Trey caught three fish just like this or bigger. All bass.  I had one get off my line and Carl got a couple of nibbles, but Trey was the only one to catch anything...and he thinks it's funny!


Makena got bored with fishing after ztrey caught the third one and started looking out for snakes. Don't worry, they only lost their life if the got too close!

We are wrapping up school here on the homestead. As of today we have 14 more lessons and some of those are review lessons. It is literally a struggle to get going Every. Day.  A few subjects are still teaching new concepts, so we are still doing our videos. The end is near my friends!! 

Much Love,
Beth 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a