Skip to main content

Season of Change

A lot of stuff has gone on around here lately. Some of them I have blogged about, and some I haven't until now. Sometimes you just feel like your world has been turned upside down. Now some of the changes don't involve Carl and myself (or our kids) as a family directly but does involve our family indirectly. My sister and her family are going through a pretty tough time right now. In fact, she and the kids are living with my parents. This has changed things for all of us. I honestly feel like I haven't really talked to my mom in a while now. I know how selfish that sounds, but it is hard on me! My kids seem to be adjusting pretty well to having their cousins here constantly, but really the dynamic between my kids and my parents has also changed a little. It is almost as if my sister's kids are also my parent's, which leads to a whole other can of worms. The feel really bad for my parents. We will just say that it is a bad situation all the way around.
Speaking of changes and adjustments, our pastor resigned his position last Wednesday night and Sunday was his last day. He has only been with us for a little under 2 years, and for about 2 1/2 months of that he had taken a break! Honestly noboday was really that sad about it. We hate that we will have to go through the process of getting another one, but we are sure that God's will has been accomplished in this situation. He took a few things with him that didn't belong to him, and I don't know how a "man of God" does that, but whatever. He knows and God knows. He definitley has some health and maturity issues to work through.
 Okay, so that's that!
It seems like this has been the year of death. I know, this post just keeps getting better and better! My Papaw died, then about 3 older men in church, my friend Dana, and now my cousin Camra. She was only 31 and had two little boys around Trey's age. Evidently she went into septic shock and just couldn't pull through. My heart just breaks for them. Their family has really been through a lot over the past few years. I just pray for God's comfort over them.

It would be easy to get discouraged with all that is going on, but that's when we have to "take heart".

"Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart because I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Don't give up. Be encouraged by what God has done for us and His promises to us!  God has a plan and we know the Bible says that His ways are not our ways, but they are higher. Sometimes we just can't comprehend why, and that's okay because God knows and He is in control. Just keep reminding yourself of what you know about Him and His Word.
That's what I have to do.

Much Love,
Beth



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a