Skip to main content

Weekly Update

Well Summer has hit!! It has been warm since May BUT the past week has been miserable. The heat index rises with each day to the point that you feel like your skin is melting if you stay out for more than 5 minutes. The dog days of summer are definitely here. It is this time of year that I feel bad for Carl and whoever else has to work out in it! Needless to say, we have stocked up on water bottles and Powerades.
We have had a pretty good week around here. Makena turned 15, Carlie got her honor roll certificate in the mail, we got all of our school books and dvd's in, and Trey got his new school desk.
How cute are these cupcakes?! Thank you, Sam's Club!!

I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of this girl!
She is one of the most driven and dedicated people I know. She sets goals and crushes them one by one (in order of course because she is a little OCD). Right now her goal is to graduate from Abeka Academy in Pensacola with full honors, attend college (the location is still to be decided), and then attend pharmacy school. If she accomplishes all of that I will be proud, but if her goals change and she accomplishes none of that, I will also be proud. As long as she puts God first, I know she will do big things by His standards...and that is really all that matters, right?

I can honestly say that I have never seen someone so happy to get school books😂😂

T was pretty excited too. How can my baby be starting 6th grade?! Unreal.

We love this desk!! It was on sale earlier in the summer and we were searching for an actual "school desk". I will let you know if he is still loving it in May🙄

Please excuse the mess in the floor but it was early Saturday morning and I hadn't really got moving yet. As you can see, Trey had and was even serenading me with some AC/DC....amp and all!

Our little birdies are starting to hatch!

Grilling is his "thang", and he really is good at it!

One last picture from Makena's birthday.
I am super proud of this girl too! While she may have gotten her procrastinating skills from her Mama, she is a solid student in school (she missed the honor roll by an 87 in Orchestra..you have to have all A's for the whole year and she had all A's for the second semester) and she is so talented musically. She has a notebook that she has been composing her own songs in and from what I hear (i have to sneak to listen), they are good!
We are working on getting her to play more at church. She is a little shy at times. 

That is pretty much all that we have been up to lately. I have started planning schedules and getting binders in order for school. I'm a little nerdy, so it does excite me a little! We are still enjoying our lazy summer days😁😁

Much Love,
Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a