Skip to main content

Spring Breakin'

Well we finally made it to Spring Break! We have been front seat passengers on the struggle bus since January! I have said it before and it really is true, winter is terrible for me. It just depresses me to the point that even the smallest tasks are difficult.
We didn't do a ton of fun exciting things this week but we did take off for the whole week. Like I said, it was much needed. The kids and I headed to the zoo in Little Rock on Monday. It rained that morning so we left around lunch time. I thought that maybe since it rained it wouldn't be as crowded...I was wrong. We drove through a huge parking lot before giving up and parking in the grass/dirt/mud. Whatever, we finally got parked. It was a beautiful afternoon. Not a cloud in the sky. Almost all of the animals were out enjoying the sunshine as well.
Glad to be outside in the sunshine

Makena's people😂


Turtles on a log

They are my favorites!

Funny Monkey

The king of the jungle

We named this zebra, Marty

Gators

Rhino

Couldn't go to the zoo and not get a funnel cake!

I think I get a picture of this bird every year.

The three amigos in the bird house

Mini donkey

Carlie found a sheep

Trey and the camel 
We really did have a fun day. We always wish Carl could be with us during our spring break trips but he is always busy so we make due.

The next day we went back to Little Rock with my mom to go to Sam's and Easter shopping for the kids. Believe it or not the shopping was pretty painless! Trey was actually the hardest because he is between kids and men sizes. He found him a pretty snazzy get-up and is super excited to wear it! Sam's was Sam's. I feel the same way as I do about Wal-Mart. UGH!! We were shopping for the hamburger supper at church and getting a few things for ourselves. Like usual, we almost ran out of room. 
Makena and Trey found a comfy place to rest because shopping is exhausting!

I sent this to Carl. I think he was insulted because you know "I can build that".
Yes, I know he can BUT getting him to do it is a whole other story!

Trey, Carlie, and Toby the dog. 

The 4wheeler slid off in the edge of the pond. He was pondering how to get it out. I'm just thankful that he wasn't hurt. BOYS!!


We spent as much time outdoors as the weather allowed.

Flowers remind me of sunshine and sunshine makes me HAPPY!!

I am finally getting my fence done!!

More progress

Dunzo!!
Overall we had a nice spring break. Relaxing. Now if you ask me if I would rather have been at the beach, the answer would definitely be yes! We are just trying to make the most of what we have. Sometimes I just have to stop and count all of my blessings to stay focused. There is so much more to life than what we want....

Much Love,
Beth
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a