Skip to main content

Celebrating Good Times

We spent the first two weeks of February celebrating! Carl's birthday is the 7th and seven days later is Valentine's day.
On Carl's birthday we went to Nick's in Carlisle to eat with my parents.  Carl's mother was sick and lives roughly an hour away, so they couldn't come. The food was awesome and we had a good time. I am so thankful for Carl. We started dating two weeks after he turned 16, so we have grown up together. I love him more than he will ever know. Here's to many more!


 This was a bigger outing for Makena. She was in pain by the time we left but did well. This recovery has been super slow. Not at all what we expected. I hate that she got sick before Christmas but I'm thinking it was a blessing in disguise that she couldn't have the surgery before Christmas. 

This was the first Sunday that all three kids were able to be in class together since early January.  We believe in celebrating little victories in our house.

Makena made these Valentines for her Discovery class. In case you aren't familiar with Harry Potter they are Golden Snitches made with Ferrero Roche chocolates. 

I love Valentine gifts in small packages!

We sent Carlie flowers and a balloon to work. 

I didn't get any pictures of the other kids but they got gift cards, candy, and a stuffed animal from me and Carl. I try not to go all out. I mean it really is just a silly holiday. Carl also got the girls jewlery. He has done it every year since they were little, and I love that!

This kid has been a fishing machine lately. He wants to get his school done so he can go out to the pond behind our house and fish. He stays in good with our neighbor so he can hunt and fish on her land. He always has his radio with him so I can get a hold of him (no cell service here, folks!). He has caught several good size bass. He has also been trapping beaver at the farm. They cause a lot of trouble and it is something he enjoys. So yeah, fishing and trapping have taken the place of deer and duck hunting at the moment. Just living the country boy dream. 

This girl is such a trooper. She hasn't let her recovery get in the way of getting things done. She has kept up on all of her school work, is currently studying for the ACT, and has even been playing her instruments again. She has big plans to look for a job (as soon as she is released by her doctor) and start college classes this summer. 

And this one has been stressed and is stressing me out! We have colleges narrowed down to two. One will require her to move 3 hours away and the other will require her to start school on July 15. All of that plus high school classes, college classes, and work make for toddler- like melt downs and a major case of the cranks. This too shall pass has been my mantra. I've been doing my best to try and get her to slow down and enjoy herself.  But that's just not her personality.  Prayers for her and her parents are greatly appreciated.  Fun fact is I get to do all of this again next year!


I have read and heard so much lately about how this life isn't about us.  I am trying to instill this in my children. Most everything they see and hear is the complete opposite of this, but it IS all about Jesus. We just have to seek and obey Him. He will take care of the details in His way and His time. 

There really is so much to celebrate. Big or small, victories are victories.

Much Love,
Beth






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a