Skip to main content

Just Smile!

Whew, ya'll! Finishing up another doozie here on the homestead and thought I would share a few details (and pics) of our fun, busy week.

My big girl is having the time of her life in the big city.

This Carlie with her roommate, Destini.  They were all ready for their first day of clinicals.

Anna Grace and Makena being silly at the Senior Citizen Bash at church.

Makena and I had a quick photo session one day.  I'm jealous of how photogenic she is!

Trey with his vampire pumpkin.

Makena with her pumpkin

Carlie with her finished masterpiece.

They worked so hard.  I am just glad they are able to do it themselves now.

Trey's Saturday bowling scholarship league with their check from the Lions Club.

Trey finished this term in first place and with $100 in his scholarship fund.
He also got his invitation papers for a tournament in March, not counting the State tournament in April. He is also talking about trying out for the high school bowling team next year. I am excited for him to be more involved, especially since next year he will be my only homeschool student.


This sweet girl finished her first week of clinicals and decided that she wants to go apply for medical school in the fall of 2021.  I am so proud of her, no matter what she ends up doing. 


And this girl breaks my heart every time she tells me how much she wants to go to college in Florida.  She tells me how much she has prayed about it.  How do you argue with that?  I tell her that if that is where God wants her to be, he will make a way for her to be there. Maybe that is mom and dad's cue to make a move in a different direction (seriously).  She is waiting to take the ACT at the end of the month before she spends the money to apply there and one other college in state. I don't know what God has in store for her but I hope that she always has a heart to do His work.

Life is hard.
Smiling doesn't necessarily mean you're happy,
Sometimes it just means you're strong.
Just keep smiling.

Much Love,
Beth







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a