Skip to main content

BOO!

Happy Halloween!
Our Halloween was a cold one but thankfully not a wet one. Our church held its annual trunk or treat but before all of that we had a full morning of grocery shopping and school! We had a few tests to take and made it a little more spooky we listened to our favorite Halloween playlist on Spotify via our friend Alexa. 
After we finished that task the kids helped me stuff my candy bags. 
Trey kept telling me that I was being chinch with my bags. I told him he was over filling his. We compromised. 
Carlie came home in time for trunk or treat but opted not to decorate her car. Makena didn't dress up but did decorate her trunk and give out her own candy. At the last minute I decided that Carl and I would go as a deer hunter and deer.  Makena did my make-up and hair (and she did a great job). Trey wasn't really interested in dressing up this year either. He said he just came for the chili. 
I started getting sick Tuesday evening with a terrible headache and sore throat. I was also dealing with a cough and major congestion so Carl and Trey set up one of their pop-up blinds for my trunk (I am currently without a car) . Well, I felt so bad and it was so cold that the deer ended up in the blind (with the Buddy heater), handing out candy. It worked. I did my duty, then I went home, showered, and went to bed. I was dunzo.

She had lights on her car and her sign read, "if the stars were made to worship, so will I". It looked so good in the dark...of course I didn't get any pictures of that because I was feeling like poo and my phone died.

A Halloween throw back.

I was sick until Monday. It was rough stuff. Trey had a touch of it but thankfully no one else got it. Carl was off all weekend (thanks to the rain) so he was able to take Trey on the youth hunt. Trey missed a doe but they got lots of bonding time!

                                                             
I have no new pictures of Carlie but this is what I get when I ask her what she is doing when she's in LR:
 Really, Carls... 
She is still a busy little bee. Usually when I call her after clinicals she is super excited...except when she has to wear a lead vest for 6 hours. I love to hear the excitement in her voice when she says, "I was elbow deep in a man's stomach!". I'm so proud of her. 
We are so close to the end of harvest we can almost taste it. If the rain holds off it could be over by Wednesday. I know it will be a huge relief to everyone. 
That was pretty much our Halloween week/weekend. Mostly sickly with a little bit of fun. 

Much Love,
Beth






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a