Skip to main content

Friday Favorites

Hey guys! I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for yet another Friday Favorites!


One of my favorite things we did this week was taking a short trip to Arkansas Post. The visitor center was closed but we walked trails and had a picnic lunch. It was just nice to get away for a few hours. 
Trey and Makena having a picnic lunch.

Arkansas Post was Arkansas' first capital. 
This is an almost 200 year old cistern from a house that is no longer standing. I believe it is around 24 feet deep. 

We took a different trail and went down to the rifle pits.
Very interesting. 

We were a little disappointed that we didn't see any alligators this trip.


Another favorite is from the very same day as our Post trip. 
Makena Faith turned 18!
I hope all of your wishes come true, baby girl!

Her first order of business was registering to vote. We are also working on getting her a checking account, which is proving to be a pain in the neck. Due to COVID, our bank only allows you in their building by appointments, and getting someone to answer the phone or call you back is frustrating. 
She will move to college in just a few weeks. I can't imagine her not being here everyday.  We are definitely doing our best to make the most out of each day.

Having these two hang out with us is also a favorite. I'm learning to enjoy each minute I have with my kids...even if that means their boyfriends have to be around. Caleb is a good guy and Carl and Trey enjoy having him around to have one more on their team. As long as Carliebis happy and he is good to her, I'm good 😊


Late yesterday afternoon we finally had time to take a Ranger ride. It has been kind of busy around here this week: peparing for VBS, birthday celebrations, church, and work. It was good to slow down and unwind for an hour or two.


He's not a fan of my pictures.

He will always be my favorite..even if he drives me crazy 90% of the time❤❤

Those are just a few of my favorites this week. Vacation is only a couple of weeks away and we are super ready. I feel like we are running on fumes and we have a week and a half of going non-stop before we get to rest. If you are the praying kind, please send up prayers for energy to make it through!

Much Love,
Beth









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a