Skip to main content

Weekend Ramblings

Whew...it's already Monday again!  I am super pumped to get this school week started!  As always, having a week (or any significant amount of time) off from school is both a blessing and a curse.  We had a great weekend with lots of family time.  Carl was off again this weekend due to rain.

Makena ended up coming home so she got to meet Boone!
Of course it was love at first sight.

Also, Carl and I celebrated our 22 year wedding anniversary!
I thing when we first got married many people had their doubts. We were only 19 and 20, and even though we had dated for 3 years prior to getting married, we were absolutely clueless about love and life!  I have never regretted getting married so early.  Honestly I feel like we grew up together and we appreciate where we are now so much more for it.  He is my best friend.  It makes me sad to realize that one day, one of us will have to be without the other, I mean, we aren't getting any younger!

Boone didn't care one bit if a tornado came or not.

We knew there was a pretty good chance of storms on Saturday evening, so we opted for dinner on the grill with the kids (sans Carlie and Caleb).  When the storms were about to hit, we headed over to my mom and dad's to ride it out with them.  It never got very bad here (thankfully).  There was one time that we were in a tornado warning and told to go to our safe place.  Toby was my safe room buddy.  He doesn't love storms (or selfies)! There was an EF-2 tornado that was on the ground for approximately 18 miles about 25 miles south of us. It did some damage to an old rice dryer and totally demolished a mobile home.  There were several in the state that night, but from what I've heard, our county had one of the worst ones.  We made it though and only lost power one time for about 5 minutes.  


Sunday marked the beginning of Holy Week.  Every year I try and concentrate of the events leading up to the crucifixion and resurrection of our Lord and Savior.  We truly cannot imagine what He went through for us.  Each time I watch The Passion of The Christ I can't help but cry.  I know the mistakes I make each day (sometimes the same darn ones, every darn day) and I know I don't deserve His love.  Anyhoo, here is a little scripture reading for meditation.


My sweet, sweet girl. 
She got Carl and I some outdoor chairs for our anniversary because we spend lots of time in the spring and summer outdoors.  She is so thoughtful, and her gifts are always so practical!

Carlie and Caleb surprised us by coming out for church this morning!
They have been attending church in town, but I don't really think Carlie likes it much.  Caleb will have a hard time changing this Missionary Baptist girl to Southern Baptist.  I just pray that going to church and putting God first will always be a priority in their marriage.  

We had a great weekend, and I am thankful that we were protected from the storms and that I was able to see all of my kiddos.  God is so good...all the time!

Much Love,
Beth























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a