Skip to main content

Weekend Recap: Playing Catch-Up

 Happy Tuesday, my fine friends! I took a week off from blogging and Instagram (my two favorite platforms) last week, so I am playing a game of catch-up this week. 

We went to the river a few nights over the past week. The evenings still work best for us.  It is just a nice way for both Carl and Trey to wind down after work.  We usually just hang out at the sand bar for a couple of hours (sometimes we ride more depending on *gas*). 

I have no idea what he was telling me, but I'm sure it was hilarious!

Boone loves going to the river, but we don't take him every time.

This view is one of my favorites.  Almost as pretty as the beach :)

We had a fun weekend, but I didn't take many pictures at all.  On Saturday Carl had to work. God love him, he needs a break and vacation can't come soon enough (8 MORE DAYS).  He has pretty much been "on-call" for two months now (7 days a week, no days off).  Not unlike years in the past in many ways, but there are some other issues going on with too many chiefs and not enough Indians.   It makes me irritated because it stresses him out.  He would never say anything because he just can't be disrespectful, but I will: Unless EVERYONE is on the same page, you can't please ANYONE, PERIOD.
It was my birthday weekend! Carl, Makena, and I went shopping in between him having to work, then we went swimming with the rest of the family at my parent's pool.  We had a cookout at our house afterwards.  Sunday was the day: I turned 44! We did our typical Sunday thing.  We went to church, then had my birthday party. All of my kids were there along with my parents and of course, Carl.  Makena planned it all and determined the theme to be SpongeBob! 
May as well act silly :)

On Monday evening we made an impromptu trip to the river with my parents and nephew, Noah. 

When we got there, my aunt and uncle were also there.
You're never too old to have fun at the river.

Carl and Missy.
She wasn't that crazy about the water. I was a little sad that Boone didn't come.
He wasn't feeling well yesterday and was really lethargic.  I think he just ate too much grass.

Carl and my dad went skiing, while my mom, Makena, Toby and I sat on the sand bar and watched.  
I bet I know two guys that will be sore tomorrow!

My dad, Noah, Toby, and my mom.

River Selfie!

Not a lot has gone on lately (which is good).  Carlie is still trucking along in her pregnancy.  I believe she is 35 weeks this week.  She is still working.  It makes me a little nervous to go on vacation with her being so far along, but as long as she hasn't dilated any by next week, I still plan on going.  I keep telling her to take it easy until I leave and get back! 
Makena is enjoying taking it easy this summer.  She was a great help to me during VBS and she is our tech/sound lady at church.  She attended our local historical society meeting last week with my dad and really seemed to enjoy herself.  It is always great to do a little networking :)  She loves this 95lb black dog and was super concerned about him yesterday.
And yes, he thinks he is a lap dog. 
When she sits in the floor, he parks his big black booty right on her leg!

Trey is still working 6 days a week most days.  He told his boss this week that this would be his last full week before starting part-time due to school. I know he will be sad to not make as much money, but he is happy to start school if that tells you anything! It was a huge change for him going from not working much to 40+ hours a week.  He also needs a break!  He is missing his fishing, trapping, and just being a kid. 

Carl and I are just over here adulting.  Trying to enjoy every minute we can with our ever-growing family.   
Some days (or weeks) you're just living.. and that is alright.  

Much Love,
Beth























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a