Skip to main content

It's Been A While...

 Wow, it's been a while since I last posted! It has been a pretty crazy month to say the least.

About a week after I was over Co**d, Carlie started getting sick, then Caleb.  We were all just praying that it would miss the baby (and it did).  Thankfully, Carlie had pumped colostrum before the baby was born, and we were able to give her a couple of syringes of that for a little extra boost.  Thank you, Jesus, that she never got it (if she did, she was asymptomatic).  We are enjoying every minute we get to spend with that sweet baby.  She is truley a gift from God.

The day before Carlie got sick, my grandpa (Papa) tested positive for the virus.  They came out for Trey's birthday party and took Wrenley over to meet him the day before he tested positive, so we are pretty sure that is where they got it from.  Thankfully, Carlie and Caleb recovered well.  Papa, however did not.  He took a nasty fall one night and ended up in the hospital right after Trey's birthday.   He was diagnosed with pneumonia and after a week in the hospital, he was promoted to his heavenly home. NEVER in a million years did I even guess a month ago that we would be here.  Yes, he was old and yes, he is so much better off now, but you can never really prepare yourself, or even say that you are ready for something like that.  

He and my grandmother had been married for 72 years.  She has dementia and mourns for him daily.  Wrenley is giving her a reason to keep going right now.  

Speaking of sweet Wren, she is growing like a little weed.  I really can't get over how good of a baby she is.  She loves her mom, though.  Carlie goes back to work next week and all of the grandma's are taking part in keeping the baby out of daycare.  I will be doing school for Trey at her house two days a week.  That's part of the reason I love to homeschool.  I'm not actually tied to my house.  I'm praying that the transition will go smoothly for all of us.

He is still a proud Pappy!

Carlie and I made her so mad doing this photo shoot 

Makena Faith is still doing her thing at school.  She was super busy the first two weeks of school and last week she started her job at the archives in the library at OBU. It is a work study, so she is getting some experience that will hopefully help her when she graduates.  Right now, she is praying about just trying to get a job at the state archives in Little Rock and getting her master's at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock (my alma mater).  She has big plans, and we are just praying for God to guide her and open all of the doors for her. 

I always love it when she is home.

Trey is doing pretty well.  He had a girlfriend for about a month, but that didn't really pan out.  It was something that I didn't encourage.  The Lord always works things out for our good, am I right?  He seems to be doing well in school and actually likes geometry (whose child is this?!)
He loves that baby!

Homeschool in general has been a little crazy.  I feel like I'm being pulled in a million directions and trying to give of myself evenly has been quite stressful.  Things are finally starting to calm down and I feel like I have a better grip on the crazy.  Trey is a trooper and pretty understanding with it all.

On positive note, rice harvest is finished!! It was a pretty smooth process with no major breakdowns, and no bad weather.  


"...the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21


Much Love,
Beth






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a