Skip to main content

A Time of Thanks

 Happy Thanksgiving! We have had a pretty great weekend on the homestead.  Our festivities began on Wednesday night.  That's when we celebrated our very first Thanksgiving dinner at our house.  Carl fried a turkey, and the girls and I made the sides and desserts.  I was a bit nervous, but so excited to be able to sit around the table with just our family and give thanks.  I mean, we do have so much to be thankful for, starting with this little girl:

Wrenley Elizabeth

I even broke out the real dishes, who am I?!


All of us girls

Aunt Kena and Wren

Uncle Rooster loves his niece :)

Oh Pappy! Wren wants some of what you have!!

Caleb got her all tucked in!
It was such a fun night.

On Thanksgiving Day we went to my Grammy's for lunch.  This was our first major holiday without my Papa.  It was very different to say the least.  We invited our preacher and his family to come eat with our family since they didn't have anywhere to go.  Ever since I can remember, my family has welcomed our pastors/families to eat (Easter, Thanksgiving, Mother's and Father's day, etc).  My Papa was BIG on families.  He didn't grow up with his for very long, so he knew how it felt to not have anyone to be with. 
Grammy and her dog, George with Trey, Hadlee, and Makena Faith

My family minus Carlie, Caleb, and Wren

Pop and Trey

My mom with two of our preachers' kids, Cooper, Adalyn, and Emma

Dixie, Cooper, and Emma

Goofballs had the frame upside down!

After we ate lunch we were of course stuffed, so we went home and took a nap :)   It literally rained (and I mean POURED) all day.  
On Friday we went to Carl's mom's house.  It was only his mom and his sister that showed up but it was nice to be able to visit.  

I am thankful that God has blessed me with much more than I deserve.

Much Love,
Beth











 

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a