Skip to main content

Weekend Recap

 Happy Monday friends!  Hope you all had a great weekend.  It was a fast-paced weekend here on the homestead.  On Friday and Saturday, Trey went squirrel hunting with my uncle.  They entered the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Big Squirrel Challenge, and they won first place in two categories!  

Here they are posing with the dogs, Stacy and Mia

This was also Makena's last weekend home for Christmas break.  I wanted to have a dinner for her but everyone was busy doing stuff except for my dad.  She wanted ribs, so Carl smoked some ribs!  They were delicious as always.  
Sunday was church day :) I was pleased to have our whole family at church on Sunday morning (Carlie, Caleb, and Wrenley were there also)! We had lunch at my parents house and then we had to leave to take Makena back to school.  I say take her back but she has a car and took herself, we just had to help her move back in because she had a lot of stuff and her back had started hurting a little.  Anytime the weather changes, but mostly when it is about to rain, she has trouble with back pain.  I guess having 2 back surgeries in 5 months will do that to you. After we got her all situated, we went and ate at Cracker Barrel. :)


Don't let him fool you, he will miss her :)

So that brings us to today.  Trey and I did school in this morning.  I went out at lunch to gather eggs and give the chickens some treats.  I discovered that the wind had blown the cover off of our hot tub (the wind had been howling all day), so Trey had to help me put it back on.  I took that opportunity to put more chemicals in it and scoop out any unwanted guests :)

I'm super happy about not having to spend money on eggs :)


My favorite part of any day is when I get pictures of my sweet girl, Wrenley Beth.  She is an absolute doll baby and I just want to kiss her face off! 


Farmer Wren is ready to gather eggs with BeBe

Happy MLK Day!

Much Love,
Beth







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a