Skip to main content

Weekend Recap: Mother's Day Edition

 Happy Monday friends!  We are coming off of a great weekend here on the homestead!  

We were able to get Makena moved back home on Friday (Hallelujah, Praise the Lord!) just in time for Mother's Day!  

And we officially have two seniors now!

We had to stop by and grab a bite to eat at the Hamburger Barn before coming home.  We earned every bite after all of those trips up/down the stairs (the elevator only worked one direction and was a little out of our way).  Makena looks so tired in this picture.  She was a busy as a bee during her last three weeks of school.  She is looking forward to working at our local museum over summer break and of course has a beach trip planned (without her mama :( ) with her friends along with our family vacation and hopefully LOTS of time on the water!  She will also begin the application process for grad schools.  

Trey is staying busy working for my Aunt and Uncle and mowing a few yards.  Last summer he tried his hand at working an inside job.  He hated it.  He would much rather be outside (even in the steamy Arkansas heat).  I feel like we hardly saw him last summer, so seeing as this could possibly be his last summer living at home (he wants to move to our other house..), I am more than happy have him around a little more and soak up every last minute with him (even if that does mean cleaning up after him!).

Me with two of my babies before church.
Carlie, Caleb, and Wren came sliding in just in time for church,
so no pretty picture with all of us.

Trey and Boone look so thrilled.

Love him :)

Now we look like bums, but we did manage to get a picture before Carlie had to leave.
They had all been sick.  I was glad they felt well enough to come out for a little bit.


The most selfless person I know.
I hope to be to my kids, what she is to me.

My Grammy with Wren

I had a great Mother's Day and I am thankful to have been able to spend it with my kids, Mom, and Grammy.

Much Love,
Beth
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a