Skip to main content

Weekend Recap

 Happy Monday!  Hope you all had a great weekend.  It was a pretty great one here on the homestead. 

I can finally spill the beans on the surprise that I mentioned in my last post... Makena received the Outstanding Junior Award from the History Department.  She was invited to the academic awards ceremony and we all (Carl, Trey, Carlie, Wrenley, me, and my parents) traveled down to see and surprise her.  She has been so busy this week and has worked so hard all year.  To say I am proud is an understatement.



I love her smile in this picture. She is so happy

The proud parents with our girl :)

All of my babies

Makena and Wrenley 

Pop and Nanny are proud of Makena too!

We had to get a group picture at Cracker Barrel afterwards


We have also been spending a few afternoons fishing.  They haven't really been biting yet, but it has been nice getting outdoors and enjoying the warm weather.  I am super pumped to not be freezing all the time!

Carl was the only one to catch on this trip.

Look at my big girl!  She loves Macy...Macy doesn't quite feel the same!

Pop, Carlie, and Wren riding the Gator.  She loved it!

This is his favorite spot in the house.  He sits and watches the kids and dogs play.

Trey wrapped up his final tests last week so he is officially on summer vacation and officially a senior!

Our small chickens are getting so big!  
We have 16 small ones now and should be getting tons of eggs in the fall :)

Carl worked all day Saturday and we went to church on Sunday and then to his boss's 90th birthday celebration. It was a pretty busy weekend and didn't offer much time for rest, BUT at least I was with my people :)

Much Love,
Beth












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a