Skip to main content

New Windows & Pork Chops with Pop & Nanny

Pop grilling his scrumptious pork chops!

Makena with her strawberry shortcake

Carlie just had the cake with whipped cream....she
doesn't like chocolate or strawberries...WHERE
DID THIS KID COME FROM?!?

T had strawberries and warm brownies.  Now
THATS what I'm talkin' about :)

My mom has had this "ride" since Carlie was
little.  Trey loves it, but it looks like he might be
getting a little big for it!

Today has been a day full of accomplishments in our house which is my absolute favorite kind of day!  We have been waiting for a pretty day so Carl could put the new windows in my living room, and today was the day. I played outside with the kids, rode 4wheelers, and tried to get some housework done, but I got to help Carl some too.  He even let me use the saw :)   My parents came over for a little while this afternoon so Daddy could help with the actual installation of the windows, guess I'm not strong enough!  It was the funniest thing, my Dad and Trey were in the house and Carl was outside and my Dad yells to Carl, "We're not square in here." and Trey yells, "we're not square in here, we're rectangle"!!  He cracks me up.  
  The windows are in, but we still have to stain the trim and put it up.  I am super excited about all the improvements going on around here.  We're almost done with our to-do list, we just have to do the kids bathroom :)
After our window project my Mom called and invited us over for dinner.  Let me just say that I am very glad that she is getting back to her old self!  I don't think I ever blogged about it but she had gall bladder surgery almost 2 weeks ago.  She thinks she's ready to take a trip to the zoo with us this week...hope she doesn't over do it! 
 Now back to the pork chops...my Dad grilled out and Mom did the fixings in the house.  It was so yummy!!  I think my kids loved the strawberry shortcakes and brownies the best :) 
This week is Spring Break for the girls (as well as most of Arkansas) and we don't have a lot planned, just a couple of little trips (the zoo, maybe Arkansas Post), a sleepover with Grammy and Papa, and a birthday
 bunking party.  We also have a couple of school projects to work on.  I'm sure it'll go by too fast, but I'm going to try and enjoy it as much as possible!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a