Skip to main content

Spring Break Day 2: The LR Zoo

Trey and Eli at our picnic before we went into the zoo.
We tried the park across the street but: a) it was too crowded
and b) it looked like junk.  So Cody had brought his church
youth group here to the zoo ( a little place in the parking lot with
picnic tables) to have a picnic and it really worked out well.

Trey kept saying, "Here birdy, birdy". Like it would
actually come to him!

Our first group picture of the day

The whole crew:  Carlie, Ellie Kate, Noah, Trey, Makena,
and Elijah.  There were six penguins to represent the six
kiddos!

Me with my bunch.  Trey didn't want to cooperate.  We take
what we can get :)

Carlie and T by the waterfall

Makena by her favorite animals, the elephants!

Trey was showing us the way.  Anytime he would put it down
he would always pipe back up and say, "Where's my map?". 


Makena, EK, and Jamie on the train

I had Noah and Trey with me in my seat.

Carlie was with Eli and my mom.  Cody sat out and took
pictures of us.

We always save the carousel for last since it's by the exit
and we use it as an extra incentive (some may call it bribery!).
Here's Carlie!

And Makena

Jamie and Ellie Kate

Trey.  He would never look at me.

Cody and Eli.  I think Eli enjoyed this the most!

My mom with all her grand kids.  I feel so blessed to have been
able to spend a day with my sister and her family.  The kids always have a
good time, and the adults do too! 

Hey Cody, I told Carl about the tokens :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday

 Happy What's Up Wednesday! Today I am linking up with  Shay  and  Sheaffer  for another "What's Up Wednesday" Let's do this! What we're eating this week... So far this week we have made: Wings on the Pit Boss Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Chops You can't get any easier than wings and chops! Especially when they are on the grill and slow cooker!! What I'm Reminiscing About... Septembers past: September is Trey's birth month. It is also the month that my grandpa died four years ago. This is the year that Papa gave Trey a gun for his birthday. He was so proud to give it to Trey and you can tell by the look on Trey's face how happy he was. Such a sweet moment to remember. Our county fair is also in September. My kids used to love it when they were younger. They still love rides, just not the traveling kind :) This was Wrenley's school picture last year. She has grown so much in one year :) What I'm Loving... Makena and my mom have started mak...

Monday Morning Chit-Chat

  Happy Monday, friends! Well, here we are again. Another Monday morning, another fresh week, and another cup of coffee that I'm hoping will magically give me the energy to accomplish all the things on my to-do list. Spoiler alert: It probably won't. But I'm going to drink it anyway. I thought we would start this week with a little old-fashioned chit-chat. Nothing too serious, nothing life changing. Just a little catching up on life lately, a few random thoughts, and whatever else happens to pop into my head. you know, the kind of conversation we'd have if you stopped by my house, pulled up a chair, and stayed a while. So grab your coffee (or whatever gets you going in the morning), and let's visit. First things first...it's October! This year is absolutely flying by. I love this time of year. The cozy evenings, the fall decorations, the soups and comfort foods, and the excuse to stay home in my pajamas a little longer. Now if Arkansas could just get the memo t...

Friday Favorites

 Happy Friday, Friends! Today I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for another Friday Favorites. What a week it has been! Having picnics with Wrenley and Makena were pretty high up on my favorites list. She wanted a lunchable (big surprise there!) while Makena and I had tuna salad. Playing outside is a must with Wrenley! And she loves making sure the bird bath has plenty of water! Another thing on my favorites list is listening to Trey play the guitar. This smile is also my favorite! We had a celebration for my son-in-law, Caleb this week. He is a pretty great guy and we are thankful that he is "ours" now :)  He is my favorite son-in-law! As I was studying for my Gospel Project lesson earlier this week I realized we only have 3 more lessons! That means that summer break is just 3 weeks away (for our Wednesday night program)! Although I will still have to prepare lessons for Sunday School and VBS.  Summer is my favorite! This summer will be extra sp...