Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday

 Happy What's Up Wednesday! Today I am linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for another "What's Up Wednesday"


Let's do this!

What we're eating this week...
So far this week we have made:
Wings on the Pit Boss

Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Chops

You can't get any easier than wings and chops! Especially when they are on the grill and slow cooker!!

What I'm Reminiscing About...
Septembers past:
September is Trey's birth month. It is also the month that my grandpa died four years ago. This is the year that Papa gave Trey a gun for his birthday. He was so proud to give it to Trey and you can tell by the look on Trey's face how happy he was. Such a sweet moment to remember.

Our county fair is also in September. My kids used to love it when they were younger. They still love rides, just not the traveling kind :)

This was Wrenley's school picture last year. She has grown so much in one year :)

What I'm Loving...
Makena and my mom have started making soaps. They smell absolutely delicious and clean too! 

We are loving spending as much time as possible at the house boat. Sometimes we even stay out until dark. I am missing those summer daylight hours!

I am also loving these little platters from Temp-tations. Since this is the last week of September, I am bringing all of the Halloween decor out!

What We've Been Up To...
I wish I could tell you we've been off doing something exciting, but honestly? Life around here has been pretty ordinary lately. It's mostly been work, home, church, figuring out what's for supper, spending time with my kids and grandkids, and wondering how another week managed to fly by so quickly. Nothing that would make anyone say, "Wow, what an exciting life!" But it's our life.

What I'm Dreading...
I almost skipped this topic completely but then decided I would go ahead and answer. I try not to spend too much time thinking abut what I'm dreading. My mind is pretty good at borrowing trouble from tomorrow all by itself, so I don't like to give it any extra assignments, lol. But we have an event coming up at church that requires a lot of socializing. Now, I know I am fully capable of doing this, but if I'm being honest, if I think about it too much, it makes me tired! 

What I'm Excited About...
I am excited about all of the fall activities coming up! The pumpkin patch, the fall carnival at our church, hunting season, harvest being over (hopefully)! 



What I'm Watching/Reading...
I haven't been reading as much as I should lately, but there are a couple that I have read in the last month that I think are worth you giving a read!
This was such a fun little read. It has the cozy mix of mystery, humor and just enough ghostly happenings to keep things interesting without being too spooky. I especially enjoyed the library setting and the quirky characters-- it's kind of a light-hearted mystery that's perfect when you want something entertaining and easy to get lost in.

This was such a sweet read. Persephone agrees to marry the rather intimidating Duke of Kieider, Adam even though they barely know each other. It is what you would call a "marriage of convenience". She slowly chips away Adam's harsh exterior, and they end up building a relationship neither of them expected. It is also a clean, slow-burn, historical romance with plenty of witty back-and-forth.

What I'm Listening To...
I am a huge fan of Pastor Josh Howerton, so his podcast, Live Free is one of my favorite podcasts to listen to lately.

The Full-Fledged podcast with JC and Priscilla Shriver. This mother/son duo bring laughter, joy, and a lot of wisdom from their brutally honest conversations. It is a great listen.

What I'm Wearing...
I usually post my Nuuly picks for this section but honestly, I didn't really love any of the things I rented this month. 
I love this pair of Free People barrel jeans. I had the blue denim pair last month and thought I would give this pair a try. I got the exact same size and they were a little tight. I have still worn them :)

This dress wasn't from my Nuuly, but from a local boutique. It is a very comfortable dress (and it has pockets!).

What I'm Doing This Weekend...
I don't have any plans this weekend and I am very happy about it! It is supposed to rain (PTL) all weekend and I am not sad about that. We all need a little break every now and then. It will be very welcomed to say the least. So other than church on Sunday, I plan on hanging out in my cozy, fall-themed house!

What I am Looking Forward To Next Month...
I am looking forward to all things Halloween. We have a Teen Youth Revival set up for the second weekend in October at our church and I know it will be a good time for the kids. I plan on trying to help as I can. I'm also looking forward to seeing Wrenley and Wesley dressed up in their Halloween costumes. I know they will be adorable.



Well that is a wrap, folks! If you are new here, I would love to have you follow along. Thanks for coming to my blog :)

Much Love,
Beth



















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

 Happy Friday, Friends! Today I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for another Friday Favorites. What a week it has been! Having picnics with Wrenley and Makena were pretty high up on my favorites list. She wanted a lunchable (big surprise there!) while Makena and I had tuna salad. Playing outside is a must with Wrenley! And she loves making sure the bird bath has plenty of water! Another thing on my favorites list is listening to Trey play the guitar. This smile is also my favorite! We had a celebration for my son-in-law, Caleb this week. He is a pretty great guy and we are thankful that he is "ours" now :)  He is my favorite son-in-law! As I was studying for my Gospel Project lesson earlier this week I realized we only have 3 more lessons! That means that summer break is just 3 weeks away (for our Wednesday night program)! Although I will still have to prepare lessons for Sunday School and VBS.  Summer is my favorite! This summer will be extra sp...

Friday Favorites

 Woo Hoo, it's Friday! Just last week I was talking about how this month is flying by, but this week has moved at a snail's pace! Today, I am linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for Friday Favorites. I have been working on my fitness for about a year now, more seriously in the past 6 months. One thing I've worked on is getting my daily protein in. I tried the built puff protein bars a while ago and they are wonderful, but earlier this week I found the sour puffs, and wow, those things are surprisingly amazing!! I've also taken the new year to do a little more for myself. I started ordering from Nuuly (a monthly clothing subscription). I have found serveral brands that I have wanted to try. There is no pressure to buy anything. You just simply pick 6 items, wear them for the month and send it back and then pick 6 more items (of course, you can purchase if you like). This is a new favorite of mine. At the end of November I bought tickets to the Jason Aldean conce...

Friday Favorites

 Happy Friday, friends! Today I am linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for another Friday Favorites. This is going to be a rapid-fire Friday favorites because it is getting late and I have to wake up extra early to pick up a special little girl :) The said little girl! Nobody ever told me how much you love your grandbabies! Spending time with Wrenley is always one of my favorites💗 Another one of my favorite things is watching Makena present. This time she was on her "home turf". She did a presentation on The Stuttgart Army Airfield for a historical group at our community center. They had their biggest turnout for a meeting because Makena has so many people who support her and love her. We are thankful for everyone who came. Of course she did a great job. I'm always proud of her. It is always a favorite any time I get a video or picture of my grandson, Wesley. I can't wait until June! My gentle giant, Boone, wanting to do his favorite thing: GO OUTSIDE! Makena ...