Happy Monday friends! I am a little late getting this up, but done is better than one time? That's not how that goes, but it for this blog post.
On Friday I spent the day with sweet Wesley Dean. When I tell you he is the sweetest baby, I am not lying. He never cried the whole time I had him (maybe that is because I anticipated his every move because that's what BeBe's do!). We ate, played, changed his booty and slept..on repeat. I haven't kept him alone in a while. I soaked up every moment! After school Carlie and Wrenley picked us up and we went to the hospital where the ice cream truck was parked. Wrenley was super excited to get her ice cream. I shared mine with both Wrenley and Wesley :)
All the heart eyes for this cutie
BeBe and Wrenley, BFF! I didn't realize how tired I look :(
Carlie was on-call all weekend and Caleb was at the fire station, so Makena stayed with them until Sunday morning. Trey also went and ate fish with my dad on Friday (which I thought was sweet), so Carl and I were all alone. We fixed our chicken wings and watched TV. Sometimes it's nice to have a night "in" together.
On Saturday I guess we went insane because we decided to tackle the storage shed. Mostly so I could find my pumpkin door hanger, and also because we needed to find fall clothes for our family pictures on Sunday.
I did find the door hanger and get our clothes out. We also threw a bunch of stuff away!
I'd call that productive :)
After fighting a fire on Saturday afternoon (a man in the community had his tractor catch on fire and it was spreading), Carl, Trey, and I went to houseboat. We took food and the small grill. It was so relaxing.
He is the grill master no matter where he goes!
We even had our own live music!
It is beautiful.
Not another boat in sight.
My guys
I mean...look at the beauty of God's creation!
It was a pretty good weekend overall. Sundays are church days. We went to church and then to eat at my parent's house like we always do and everyone went their separate ways. Makena has a board meeting with the Historical Society and Trey had to go work with my uncle for an hour or two, and Carlie and her kids went home for a nap! It started to rain for about 15 minutes, but we did get our pictures done that evening. We are blessed to have a professional photographer in the family. Carl's niece, Leslie has a studio in northeast Arkansas and came down to take them. I can't wait to see them!
I forgot to post this picture from earlier in the week. Makena went to the Grand Prairie Job Center and presented the history of rice on the Grand Prairie. They are all super sweet and love the museum!
And just like that, another weekend is in the books! There was good food, family time, and plenty of those little moments that end up being the ones you're most thankful for.
God has been so good to us. Not because every day is perfect, but because His goodness is woven right into our everyday lives. Sometimes we just have to slow down enough to notice it.
Lord, thank You for the people around my table, the memories behind me, and whatever You have waiting in the week ahead.
Much Love,
Beth









Comments