Skip to main content

Fall Vibes

Ya'll...I want it to be fall so bad! Unfortunately, it is still over 100 degrees outside. We are literally melting over here. Better set out those fall candles so it can at least smell like fall!

According to my house, we have officially entered fall. There are pumpkins on the mantel, warm colors are making their way back into the rooms, and I'm fully prepared for cozy evenings.

According to the thermometer? Absolutely not. But I've decided I don't need Mother Nature's permission to start entering fall. Let's face it, if I waited for actual sweater weather around here, I might be decorating for Christmas before I ever got to wear one!

So, the pumpkins are coming out anyway!


I've been adding rusts, oranges, browns, and deeper greens. A few pumpkins here, some fall leaves there, and a cozy throw tossed on the couch. Now am I actually using that throw? No. It is 100 degrees. That thing is strictly decorative at this point. But I am enjoying looking at it! And the minute the sun goes down, I'm turning on the lamps and enjoying all that warm, cozy lighting. Fall may not have arrived outside yet, but inside this house, we're pretending!
I have also made the house smell like fall with some pretty amazing diffuser oils!
The Mississippi Whiskey isn't necessarily fall, it's just my go-to all year. The MainStay oil is in the Fall Farmhouse scent and came from Wal-Mart. The Vanilla Pumpkin oil smells very sweet and came from the TikTok Shop via my mother (who LOVES the TikTok Shop). 

I am slowly trying to make the summer to fall transition with my clothing as well. I found the cutest little Birkenstock Mary Jane's and thought they would be perfect! They are also very comfortable.

So yes, it is still 100 degrees outside.
Yes, my air conditioner is running.
And yes, there are pumpkins all over my house.

We're calling it fall anyway! Now somebody please tell Arkansas that summer is OVER!

Much Love,
Beth







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

 Happy Friday, Friends! Today I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for another Friday Favorites. What a week it has been! Having picnics with Wrenley and Makena were pretty high up on my favorites list. She wanted a lunchable (big surprise there!) while Makena and I had tuna salad. Playing outside is a must with Wrenley! And she loves making sure the bird bath has plenty of water! Another thing on my favorites list is listening to Trey play the guitar. This smile is also my favorite! We had a celebration for my son-in-law, Caleb this week. He is a pretty great guy and we are thankful that he is "ours" now :)  He is my favorite son-in-law! As I was studying for my Gospel Project lesson earlier this week I realized we only have 3 more lessons! That means that summer break is just 3 weeks away (for our Wednesday night program)! Although I will still have to prepare lessons for Sunday School and VBS.  Summer is my favorite! This summer will be extra sp...

Friday Favorites

 Woo Hoo, it's Friday! Just last week I was talking about how this month is flying by, but this week has moved at a snail's pace! Today, I am linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for Friday Favorites. I have been working on my fitness for about a year now, more seriously in the past 6 months. One thing I've worked on is getting my daily protein in. I tried the built puff protein bars a while ago and they are wonderful, but earlier this week I found the sour puffs, and wow, those things are surprisingly amazing!! I've also taken the new year to do a little more for myself. I started ordering from Nuuly (a monthly clothing subscription). I have found serveral brands that I have wanted to try. There is no pressure to buy anything. You just simply pick 6 items, wear them for the month and send it back and then pick 6 more items (of course, you can purchase if you like). This is a new favorite of mine. At the end of November I bought tickets to the Jason Aldean conce...

Friday Favorites

 Happy Friday, friends! Today I am linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for another Friday Favorites. This is going to be a rapid-fire Friday favorites because it is getting late and I have to wake up extra early to pick up a special little girl :) The said little girl! Nobody ever told me how much you love your grandbabies! Spending time with Wrenley is always one of my favorites💗 Another one of my favorite things is watching Makena present. This time she was on her "home turf". She did a presentation on The Stuttgart Army Airfield for a historical group at our community center. They had their biggest turnout for a meeting because Makena has so many people who support her and love her. We are thankful for everyone who came. Of course she did a great job. I'm always proud of her. It is always a favorite any time I get a video or picture of my grandson, Wesley. I can't wait until June! My gentle giant, Boone, wanting to do his favorite thing: GO OUTSIDE! Makena ...