Skip to main content

A Roadtrip, Snowcones, and A Smelly Friend

Makena and Trey were making the best out of a long trip

Me and my pretty girl-in-the-middle.  Carlie wasn't ever around us :(
 
We stopped by our favorite place before going back home to get a snow cone.
Carl got them mediums and my car it still sticky! 

The smelly little friend we found.  He was with his mother, but when we let Sam out, the mother ran off and left the baby, but not before it sprayed Sam!  It didn't get him really good, but he did smell pretty bad for a few days.

Saturday we went to Russellville to go to my nephew Noah's Kindergarten Graduation.  He is home schooled and just finished his work, so they had a little ceremony and reception for him then all of the kids played outside on the bouncy slide.  Makena didn't want to play on it, but Carlie and Trey did.  Too bad I didn't get one single picture of them on it.  Makena was just glued to my side that day for some reason.  I think that sometimes she gets a little insecure when we are around people that she doesn't know. Or, maybe she was just needing me more that day!  I'll take what I can get :)

When we made our way back to Stuttgart we stopped and got a snow cone at Tropical Sno.  We haven't had one since school got out, so it was a nice little treat :)  Only mistake I made was letting Carl order.  He got all of the kids mediums!!  We had such a huge mess in the car.  I'm still finding sticky places.

When we finally made it back to our house and ate supper (yes, after eating snow cones!) we made a trip out to the farm to let Sam run.  He loves that, but on this trip he found a not so friendly friend...a skunk!  Well, this skunk had a baby with it and Carl rescued it from Sam.  It was such a fiasco!  Sam got sprayed, but the baby skunk was safe and Carl put it back where the mother had left him. When we drove back by later the baby was gone, so I guess it was reunited with it's mom.  The kids thought this was the absolute coolest trip to the farm EVER!  They even got to pet the baby skunk!  I on the other hand, passed :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a