Skip to main content

A Catching-Up Post

I have been the world's worst blogger so far this year!  Not the way I wanted to start out.  But, really though, I have been SUPER busy.  We have had weeks of basketball practice and games. On top of all of that, Carlie hurt her knee playing basketball :(  She did this on Tuesday at the very end of a complete blow-out game.  She went up for the rebound and then got pushed and fell on her knee.  We were getting beat so bad I was talking instead of watching the game and missed it all.  She cried so hard all the way home.  I was able to get her in with our orthopedic doctor at OrthoArkansas on Thursday and now we have an MRI scheduled (again!).  I feel so bad for her because she is for sure going to miss two games, maybe the rest of the season, depending on what the MRI finds :(
My Dad and I have been coaching Makena's Pee-Wee team.  We have lost two and won one, but it has been a pretty fun season so far!  Makena is a beast when it comes to playing ball.  She will go after the ball (and you, if you get in her way!)  She plays down low and is pretty good at intimidating her opponent!  They don't know that she is a gentle giant!! Carlie is great too, and just happens to be a favorite to both coaches.  They always tell about how much heart and drive she has.  I am a very proud mom!
The bad thing about being on the coaching staff is that I don't get to take very many pictures during the game!  I'm used to having my camera in my hand at all times, but I've had to reserve the pictures to before and after the games. 

 

 
That's it, that is my catch-up post!  Nothing but work and basketball going on around here! Busy, Busy, Busy.  But I wouldn't have it any other way :)
 
Beth

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a