Skip to main content

Spring Break 2014

As much as I was dreading Spring Break this year, it really turned out to be okay.  We did something almost everyday.  One day, I want to go on a real Spring Break Trip.  Maybe not far off, just somewhere....not here.  It's just hard because Carl is usually in the field.  Here is a quick look at our week:

On the Monday my mom took Carlie, Makena, and a couple of friends shopping in town and to eat at Subway.  She also ended up having all four of them over for a sleepover.  That left T with me.  I feel bad for him because it seems like he always gets stuck with me.  He doesn't seem to mind as long as we stay at home!  He likes to hunt for birds (in the picture below) and ride the four wheeler.  Since the girls were gone, we had a bonfire that night.  It was fun, but I did miss the girls and I thing T did too!


Carl and the guys started working up ground.  
As you can see, it's such a hard job when you have auto steer!
Tuesday we headed to the Agri Museum in Stuttgart.  Trey and Makena had been before, but not Carlie.  And it has been a very LONG time since I had been.  My mom, Bonnie, and Lydia came too, so it was more fun :)  We also had a bonfire at my parents house that night.  They were keeping our pastor's daughter, Lydia for the week, so they needed some help entertaining, and we didn't mind at all!
Wednesday was one of those, "we really didn't do much" days.
Trey loved playing on his phone.  He got a new game, "Hay Day".
It reminds me a lot of Farmville. We went to Stuttgart because it was my last day to pay sales tax on my car, but the computers were down at the DMV!  They told me to come back Thursday :(
Carl worked late but we went to church.  That was pretty much our Wednesday!

Carlie decided it was warm enough to do a little back-porch tanning.
I tanned on Monday and got burned!

Thursday after I went in the DMV and still didn't get my sales tax paid (Carl had to be there or sign a form and he was in the field, out of town), we left and went to Hot Springs to Mid-America Museum.  My Dad, Mom, Bonnie, Lydia, me and my kids, and the Simpson's all had a lot of fun.  Trey thought it was really cool, and the older kids seemed to like it too :)
Makena watching the ball in the air stream

Pop and Carlie, making electricity.

Carlie and Makena were playing with something :)

We watched a show about the Tesla Coil.  It was pretty cool, but REALLY loud!

Trey had fun making the light bulb light.  I really wish Carl could have been with us, he would have been able to take more time with T and show him stuff from a guys view point.

Part of our crew on the giant scale

Trey liked seeing how the motor works on the inside.

T, pulling his own weight.  I don't think I could do it, could you?!
It was a fun day, overall.  We ended with a stop at McDonald's and a quick run by Jamie and Cody's house.  The boys had a lot of fun and if you ask my kids what their favorite part was, it was either the tunnel (I did NOT attempt that!) or the simulator.  Let me just say this about the simulator: It was an experience like no other.  It was only our group on the ride at that time and I don't think we learned on thing about the Amazon because we were all laughing, talking, and just being silly!  Poor Lydia, I really hope we didn't embarrass her too bad. Thanks Pop and Nanny!

I didn't take any pictures of our Friday, but it was pretty uneventful!  We finally got our sales tax paid, at lunch with Carl, bought groceries, then came back home and chilled for the rest of the afternoon.  Last night after supper we went to Clarendon to get an ice cream at the Lions Den.  Carl, Carlie, Trey, and I did this last Friday night too while Makena was at the movies with her friends. We may have to make it a tradition! Of course, last night it rained, so we had to take a back road and do some muddin' before we came back home.  
Today was another one of those laid back days.  Carl went down and worked at the church this morning with some of the other men. I took Trey down there around 10:30 because he kept asking where his daddy was!  Late this afternoon a couple of girls that come to our Discovery program at our church lost their house in a fire.  Thankfully nobody was hurt, but all their possessions were lost.  I feel so awful for them because about 4 years ago during Spring Break their mother died suddenly.  They have been through a lot.
 The girls and I were in town when all of the fire fighting was going on.  We only have a Volunteer Fire Department so Carl and Trey (along with over half of the community) went and helped them fill the trucks up with water and just helped out.  I'm sure it brought back a few memories for Carl.  His house burned not long before his dad died of cancer when he was only 9.  
Trey thought it was too cool to get to see something like that.  He doesn't really think about what was lost.  Please keep this sweet family in your prayers.
Well, that's pretty much our Spring Break!  Not too exciting, but it was nice to be able to sleep-in and spend quality time with the kids. Can't wait until tomorrow!  We have a missionary coming and we have potluck :)

Happy Spring Break!!

Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a