Skip to main content

Church Egg Hunt

Trey was ready for our 1st Church Easter Egg Hunt!
 
Makena, Spencer, and Lydia did a great job of hiding eggs and helping with their age group.
 
The girls with Trey and his prizes
I was a little sad because he was the only one hunting eggs this year.
I really don't have any babies anymore :(
 
Me and my girlies!
 
Makena and Anna Grace
 
A selfie with T!
 
Makena and Josie
She just went and sat in her lap and started going to sleep.
Kids are just generally drawn to her.
 
Trey and Kynnlea
Now, Trey and little kids are the complete opposite of Makena and little ones!
He is not very tolerant of them and really just tries to stay away.
 
 
Today was our Church Egg Hunt.  This is the first time we have ever had one at the church as an outreach program.  There were quite a few kids there and they all seemed to have a good time.
Trey had a blast, but like I said before, it was a little sad for me because my big girls are too big and don't even want to hunt eggs anymore!  They had a good time helping though, and last night they went with our church group to the late movie to see "God's Not Dead".  They both said it was really good, and they had fun being with other kids their age.  It was a late night, but I'm glad they went and had a good time.
The craziest thing happened after the girls left Friday night. Carl and I had put Trey in bed and were folding some clothes I took off of the line (we live an exciting life, I'm telling ya!) when I kept hearing a buzzing/vibrating sound.  It was coming from a pile of the girls clothes, but we couldn't find it.  I sent Carl out on the porch with a pair of Carlie's jeans.  We could feel it but couldn't find it.  Then Carl found it....it was a bee in her front jeans pocket!  I guess it must have flown in there while they were drying on the line!  He got it out, but not before doing a crazy dance as it was coming out!  He didn't want to get stung.
I know a lot of people aren't fans of line-dried clothes, but I love them!  I feel like I'm actually doing something when I hang clothes out....crazy, I know....and I'm trying not to use so much electricity :)  Not to be "green", but to help my finances!
It was a great day for an egg hunt!
 
Beth
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a