Skip to main content

The Post I've Been Putting Off

Well, I guess today is the day that I post the post I have been putting off for over a month. It should be a fun post about Carlie's first formal event, Spring Celebration. It was a weekend that changed a lot for her and me.  You see, back in the fall she had a friend ask her to this event. She just assumed they were still going together even though he didn't mention it again. So mid February she asked him about it and he acted like he had forgotten about it, but said they would go together. Over a period of about 5 or 6 weeks, he seemed to tell everyone that he didn't want to go with her....everyone except her. His sister was even going around telling it.  When she confronted him about it, he said they were lying....whatever. I told her to tell him they were NOT going together. He hasn't spoken two words to her since, and to add insult to injury, her "best friend", Hannah posted pictures on Instagram about how she had such a great weekend with him! Now, no they were not together, but Carlie was as confused as I was about why she would do that. They were supposed to be friends, and now here she is being hurtful. I can't for they life of me understand. We have come to the conclusion that she is just bipolar. For the next 4 to 5 weeks Carlie never knew which "friend" would show up: the best friend who wanted to talk to her, or the other one who seemed to ignore her completely.
The girl has issues. I just hate it for Carlie that her Freshman year is ending this way. Now she seems to be black-balled at school...you know, when the boy is the High School teacher's son, things get complicated. Kids want to please adults...get the picture?!
So you may ask, why document this? Well, because this is our scrapbook. Our lives are not just fun and smiles all of the time. In fact, this year has been super trying at school for 3 of the 4 of us (me, Carlie, and T). Every year at the end of school I always debate if we will go back the next school year, and every year, fear overcomes me about homeschooling and we re-apply. This year we are not going back. We will homeschool. I have prayed about this for a while now. I've had other people praying about it too.
 
Here are some pictures from Spring Celebration.  Carlie looked beautiful and I am very proud of her!
 
Carlie and Dallas
 
Carlie and Carl 
Me and my girl.  I look completely like crap.  It was a long stressful day to say the least!
 
My girls! 
My three munchkins!
 
After she got her hair and make-up done.
Much Love,
Beth 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a