Skip to main content

Homeschool Update and More

Well here we are wrapping up our 5th week of homeschool and things are still going great!  We absolutely love being able to adjust our schedule to fit whatever we need to do.  Notice I said "need".  I still like to get things done as close to our schedule as possible, because I know of a couple of things we have on our calendar coming up.  We haven't made any trips with the co-op so far.  It's just not been at  convenient times for us.  One Thursday Carlie was sick, the next we had to be in town at that time (plus Thursdays are soccer days, so that makes it even harder), and then this week it was on a Friday....and we had a lot of stuff to get done today.  I think Carlie had a test and 2 or 3 quizzes and Makena had a couple of quizzes, and T had a lot of stuff that just would have been a pain to catch up on.  Sometimes, its just not worth missing a day of school! Hopefully we can catch the next fieldtrip.  I feel awful because I reached out to them and then I haven't been able to do anything yet, hopefully they are understanding :)
Harvest is still going strong, and it still hasn't rained yet!  I'm getting a little sick of it again!  WE NEED A BREAK!  I think I have prayed every day for the past 2 or 3 weeks that it would rain....it has rained in Arkansas, and maybe even in Arkansas County, but not where I need it!  I know, its not all about me.
So I have still been doing soccer practices and most everything else solo.
Trey's allergies and asthma have been acting up pretty bad over the past week.  It doesn't help that they are cutting corn less that a quarter of a mile from the house.  Now I sound like negative Nancy.  So let's talk about something positive. 
While the kids and I were in Wal-Mart the other day we were looking over in the Halloween section when I happend to see out of the corner of my eye....Christmas Trees....in September (I know I promised something positive)! That got me thinking about Christmas card picture ideas.  We usually always have a beach picture on the card somewhere but since I don't have a decent one, I was trying to think creatively. 
So, here is my idea:




Carl had a camper given to him sometime last year or early this year.  I hate it.  I would probably NEVER camp in it, however, I have now found some good use for it!  I want to keep it classy, not white trashy, but I totally think we could pull this off.  I'm already thinking of decorating ideas :)

Trey got his soccer uniforms at practice on Thursdays. Evidently all of the uniforms were a size bigger than they were supposed to be.  If you ordered a youth large, you got an adult small.  At least it isn't just us, I think the whole association had this issue.  Really though, how can he look this old?!

So mostly, this was just a catch up post.  We really do like schooling the way we are.  I feel like we are doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing right now.  I'm just trying to follow God's lead.

Much Love,
Beth






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a