Skip to main content

This and That



I took Makena to the doctor for her back pain. 
We were doing our best to NOT get the flu while we were there.

Poor baby girl got a muscle relaxer and an anti-inflammatory pill

Carlie is shopping for her senior ring!
I can't believe how close we are to her senior year. It makes me both excited and sad.

Excuse all of the redneckery going on in this picture!
Trey cut the sleeves out of this reunion shirt when it got a hole in the armpit🤣
He was working on his current event in history. He chose an article about the volcanic eruption in the Philippines, which just happens to be where our new missionary at church is from. Thankfully he isn't near the eruption, but Trey thought it was cool.

And here is a picture of liitle-old me!

And on Friday...this happened. Makena tested positive for the flu. Yes, we probably got it FROM the clinic when we were there on Monday🤒😷
We all got Tamiflu or a generic form of it. I feel so bad for her. If you are reading this and have time to send up a quick prayer,  we would really appreciate it! It is a tad bit scary if you let yourself dwell on it...so I try to stay busy taking care of her. The only problem is that I have had a headache so bad that I can hardly hold my head up. I'm sure it is either the flu trying to come on or a side effect of the Tamiflu. I only have a slight cough,  so who knows. I just want her to be better. The doctor said she should be good by Monday,  so if she isn't she will be headed back to see him!

Last Duck hunt until next season



Creation revealing the majesty of our God!

Couldn't leave Sadie out

Or Olly  and Pea

Maybe this wasn't the best of weeks but we made it through. I was finally able to make it to the eye doctor! I am no longer wearing my glasses. It isn't that they are completely gross or anything but they are just super annoying! We also had to put two new tires on Carlie's car (grr). So yeah, rough week but I know it could have been so much worse. Let me tell me what comforts me other than knowing God is in control...knowing His people are praying you through situations. I have been chatting with our new missionary from the Philippines through Facebook and he is such a delight to talk to. He loves the Lord and doing His work. He has also prayed scripture over me. Now a while ago I would have told you that was crazy talk but now I know how great and powerful it really is. 
So, we are pushing through this week. Praying that everybody is better to start the new week.
Much Love,
Beth





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a