Skip to main content

Wrapping Things Up

Whew, we are officially on summer break! Carlie finished on Monday, Trey on Tuesday, and Makena Faith finished on Wednesday. I had someone ask me how one could be finished and the others weren't. They didn't homeschool it was odd to them. One of my favorite perks of homeschooling is that we just do our own thing. We have a schedule, yes; we have tests and quizzes and daily lessons to watch, BUT they can all be modified. This is especially true for my high schoolers. They each have planners that they write their weekly assignments in. This includes tests and quizzes as well as any reports or compositions that may be due. They know when to have them done by. Here is where I think this is really benefiting them..I don't hound them on getting it done. They know when it's due. They know that it must be done in order for us to stay in the accredited academy, so they choose when they do it (this mainly goes for big projects and reports, but is true to a point on tests and quizzes). I believe this is preparing them for college and the real world because let's face it, Momma isn't gonna be standing over your shoulder telling you what and when to do it. Now with Trey things are a little more structured but I am gradually able to let him do more on his own.
Over all I am pretty happy with how things went this year. Beginning in the fall I will have a 7th grader, a Junior, and a Senior!!

I snapped this as Carlie was taking her tests to the Post Office.
She was happy to be done! We don't have a ton of big plans for the summer other than Senior pictures and preparing to take the ACT one more time. I am proud of her. She likes to sing at church and is still a very driven young lady. Last year at this time she thought she wanted to be a pharmacist but now she is really leaning towards a surgical technician. 

Here is T man with his grades, ready to be mailed. 
He is pumped about the summer. He is mowing a few yards and is thrilled to be making his own money. He is all about enjoying life! 

Makena Faith may be the master procrastinator but she is finished too!
I am proud of her also. She works hard, but is so much more laid back than Carlie. She has always been my go-with-the-flow girl. She is super excited about turning 16 in a couple of months.  She is a sweetheart and loves music. 

And here is a very relaxed teacher hanging out at one of my favorite summer spots, the pool!
Hooray for summer!!

Much Love, 
Beth



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a