Skip to main content

Life Lately

My Makena Faith
About three weeks ago she reinjured her back diving off of the diving board. We went for another MRI and discovered that her L4 and L5 disks were back out. That same week they scheduled surgery for the following week. She has been in considerable pain that is only relieved when she is asleep (with the help of pain meds) but as soon as she wakes up, she is hurting again. Well Carl, Trey, and Carlie were all sick with something during this time and you guessed it..Makena came down with it 2 days before surgery. We had to reschedule it and the next date available was June 28th. Since it is so far away we elected to have an epidural steroid injection last Friday (hoping that it would give her some relief...it has not!). Just pray for my sweet girl, please! She is tired of the pain and it kills me to watch her go through it.

We have been blessed to have Carlie rejoin our family!
Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating but I am glad she has been around more over the past week. She will begin surgical tech school on July 1st. I am a little nervous about her commuting four days a week, but I am trusting that God will watch over her and keep her safe. I am very excited for her!

And this picture pretty much sums up Trey's world!
We were driving around out at the farm and saw this snapping turtle so he had to try to catch it.
He loves wildlife. He has caught fish for his outside aquarium (he named them Jimmy and Johnson *NASCAR), crawfish to relocate to our pond, he has a minnow trap in a ditch down the road, he keeps a look out for snakes and raccoons around our chicken coop. He has made it his job to feed all of the animals and check his traps before 7:30 am. I'm not complaining, I just wish he would be a little quieter!! He is also mowing my grandparent's lawn and helping a guy we go to church with weed eat a cemetery.  He enjoys making the money and I think it's good to teach him responsibility. He is planning to go to church camp at the end of the month. It will be his first time away from home....ever (without me or Carl). My mom will be going as a female sponsor and Carlie is also going but it will honestly surprise me if he actually goes. I don't have a lot of fond memories from camp as a kid. If he wants to I don't mind, but if he doesn't, I'm not forcing it.

I swiped Carl's hat on our ride to the farm.

I spy some pears growing! I always get excited when the pears and plums begin to produce fruit. Of course by this time we are usually beginning to pick our garden also but not this year. We have nothing planted. The past few weeks have really done a number on us and I guess we haven't exactly regained our bearings. It could still happen!

Look what my mom got for me! 

MJ and Oliver.  I stopped to talk to Carl for a minute and they just played down at my feet. They are crazy cats!

 I love this man more than he will ever know. 

It's been rough around here but we are hanging on. Getting used to a new normal, I guess. Next week we will have VBS at our church every night, so we will be pretty busy. We are hoping that the river will go down enough so we can take the boat out before Makena's surgery and the other two kids go to camp. We will see...

Much Love,
Beth









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a