Skip to main content

Life Update

I just realized that there are a couple of things that I never updated you guys on.

Number one is Makena. When we went to the doctor *almost a month ago* she got released...kind of. He said take it easy for another couple of months and really until the end of the year for good measure. I really applaud him for encouraging her to be super cautious this go round. He was happy that she was doing so well this time but also stressed that she really does not need to have to have another surgery any time soon (hopefully ever). I still catch myself telling her to "BE CAREFUL!", and she keeps giving me "the look" that she is so famous for! She is still eager to enter the workforce. We are just praying and waiting for the job that will be a good fit for her.

Carlie...Carlie is just doing her thing. She usually stays in Little Rock with her friend Monday thru Wednesday or sometimes Thursday, then comes home and works Friday and Saturday. She is teaching Sunday School (preschool) and still helping with the praise choir (doing mostly tech stuff but she also sings). We laugh because Carl and I both get calls and texts from guys or their parents about them or their kid dating her. She had enough of that earlier in the year! She said she doesn't have time right now and I agree 100%.
She starts clinicals in a couple of weeks and is pumped.

Trey is doing all the Trey things. He would love to be bow hunting but it's still so darn hot. I'm talking 95° hot. He hasn't been fishing so much. He has moved on to concentrating more on his music. He loves to play his guitar and is still taking piano. He is anxiously awaiting duck season!


Carl is still pretty busy. He has been having to do a little more than usual because his boss was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago.
He has been a little stressed about some things work related. I may not know exactly how he feels but I know God is in control of it all. He can and does use people that aren't even aware they are being used to bless us and help us through life.


And me, well I'm still here. Teaching my babies and raising my chickens.

I started teaching the preschool age kids this year in our Wednesday night Gospel Project. I have been pleasantly surprised at how much I am enjoying them. They love to learn!

I guess that gets us all caught up!

Much Love,
Beth







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a