Skip to main content

Weekend Recap: The Crash Edition

Welcome to the weekend recap! It was definitely one for the books! 
We started out by having hot dogs and s'mores at my parents with the cousins on Friday evening. We were glad that Carl didn't have to work too late and was able to join us. 


Trouble ×3

Me and my favorite sibling, Toby.

Caleb was also able to make it.
How cute are these two?!

Ellie Kate, Toby, and Carlie.

The kids and I bought some plants for the garden while we were in town Friday afternoon. 

Carl and Trey got them in the ground Friday evening. 
So far we have squash, cucumbers, jalapeños, bell pepper, and tomatoes. 
I plan on at least adding okra, possibly peas and watermelon. 

Now on to Saturday.  The day started off like any other. Carl and Carlie both went to work. 
The rest of us got busy with daily chores. I decided I would clean Trey's room for him because it was a mess and I was tired of looking at it. He gets a little overwhelmed sometimes and doesn't know where to start, so I helped. He went over to my parents to get something and see the cousins. He was on the Ranger. I got a call from him saying that he was stuck but that my uncle was coming to help him out and that he would be home soon. 
So, I went back to cleaning. About twenty minutes passed and I still hadn't seen or heard from him, so Makena and I went to check on him. On the way by we saw this:

Needless to say, we were in shock. We drove up to his Sunday School teacher's house (where he called me from) and he was hanging out, outside with her. His face was kind of pale. He had told her the same thing he told me...that he was stuck. Yeah, he was stuck alright. I was thankful that he wasn't hurt but so darn mad at him at the same time! See, on the other side of the Ranger is a pretty steep ditch. 
I took him over to my dad's and they were able to pull the Ranger back over with a chain and his truck then load it on a trailer and  brought it home. 

Of course Carl was working and couldn't come home. I hated to even call and tell him but I knew he'd want to know. He had the same range of emotions that I did; concern turning to a little bit of anger at Trey's carelessness, not to mention the half-truth he told me. 
He is one of those kids that you don't have to discipline often because they are hard enough on themselves.  He was sore and a little bruised but thank you Jesus he was okay. 

In other news, the hens are doing great. 
We have been having a problem with no see ums. They are driving us all crazy! The chickens included. Maybe if it will stop raining so much they will go away...probably just in time for the mosquitoes! At least you can spray for mosquitoes. Nothing seems to get rid of the no see ums.

The three main cats on the homestead:
DeeDee, MJ, and Peacock. Peacock just had her kittens under the house
 We can hear them. I suspect she will be bringing them out in the next few weeks.

Carl made it in fairly early Saturday evening, which was super unexpected.  I was glad after the day we had. We ended up riding around at the farm. Carlie was with Caleb so it was just the four of us. 
On Sunday we went to church but didn't get any pictures. The afternoon was spent relaxing and napping (for me).  After evening church Carl made jambalaya and I got to do the clean up. He is a messy cook. I spent the rest of the night preparing for our school week.  We have a few tests and the plan to take finals on Friday and Monday...and then we will be finished!!

It was a good weekend with the exception of the crash. 
Hopefully Trey learned his lesson and will slow down.  He is being very careful so far.
I'm praying for all the rough and tumble boy mommas out there. I feel like mine has been giving me small heart attacks since the day he was born! 

Much Love,
Beth







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a