Skip to main content

Christmas Week

 It's almost Christmas!  We had to make a quick trip to Little Rock on Tuesday to purchase something that I had already purchased but never got shipped. I am thankful that I found them and didn't have to drive too far to pick them up.  Instead of going straight home we went to Pine Bluff to see the Christmas lights at Regional Park.  Those are the OG lights for us.  I am soaking up every minute of the four of us being together because all too soon Makena Faith will be back in Arkadelphia. 


Not the best picture!

I came home and wrapped presents... and I still have more!


My mom, Aunt and I went and cleaned Grammy's house for her.  Let's just say it was a labor of love!
While we were there my mom put George Strait's Christmas vest on him.  He growled the whole time but once he made his way back to Grammy's lap, he was all good. 

He's such a grumpy little dog!

Now I'm just here waiting....waiting on Christmas and a missing package that I couldn't replace before hand.  I have tracked that darn thing all week long. I am now letting it go.  And yes, before anyone comes for me, I know there are bigger problems than a missing purse that would make my children have the same amount of gifts. Believe me, I know! 
We aren't getting to go see Carl's mom and step-dad in Wynne because they have the coronavirus. We haven't seen them since the wedding, so we are good.  I just hate that we won't get to see them for at least a few more weeks. I pray that they are both able to fight it off. 
I had to take Makena to the doctor on Monday because she couldn't seem to get rid of her cough. She tested negative for flu, strep, and Covid-19 at the beginning of last week but had to call back and have them call some medicine in to the pharmacy for her at the end of the week.  After a weekend full of coughs, we decided to go get a chest x-ray and make sure there was no bronchitis (all clear).  I wanted to make sure we were all good before the long weekend. He gave her some different medicine and I do believe she is on the mend! Thank you, Jesus!!



Our Christmas card this year, all six of us.
That still sounds strange to me.

Well, just a few more days and the chaos will be over.  I hope between all of the lights, presents, and missing packages, we all remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas. 

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."  Matthew 1:21

Much Love,
Beth





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a