Skip to main content

Christmas!



Well, in true 2020 fashion, Christmas looked very different than it has in the past.  Thankfully we were all well (Makena's cough was finally gone. Woo Hoo!!) but as I said in my previous post,  Carl's step-dad tested positive on Wednesday and his mom was showing symptoms by Christmas day.  We didn't go to their house on Christmas Eve like we normally do, so that day looked very different for us. I finished wrapping a few last minute gifts from Amazon, made a few snacks to take to Grammy and Papa's house, and cleaned house.  It was so boring!  Carlie and Caleb came to our house and visited for about an hour before we all went to Grammy's (after we got the call that we were late..I was told between 5-5:30). We were all getting ready to eat when we heard something that sounded like a thud.  Lo and behold, it was my Grammy.  Here is another story for the dementia chronicles. She had decided that she needed to get in the attic and find a baby seat for my cousins grandson to sit in and eat.  The kid is almost 3, he wasn't sitting down!  We have been having issues with her getting in the attic for a couple of weeks (ever since we were looking for her tree and Christmas ornaments).  Trey said that he went down to their house on Tuesday and found her up there.  He tucked the string to the attic door up in the hatch, but evidently that didn't stop her.  She did have a minor fall (thankfully my Aunt Vicki was there to break her fall) but was fine.  She was laughing at all of us because we were so concerned for her. And while yes, we were concerned, it was also a bit sobering to everyone there that the pace of her decline seems to be accelerating.  Everything went smoothly after that and we all ended up having such a good time. 

Makena got a Sephora gift card from Grammy and Papa.

The Newlyweds

T-Man got a Visa card

Grammy had my mom make shirts for all of the kids/grandkids
Of course, Carl's had a deer on it.

I had bought a gingerbread village over a week ago with intentions of doing it over the weekend, but we never got around to it. Christmas Eve night sounded like the perfect time!

Makena looks like a little kid in her Harry Potter jammies.

Trey used most of the icing on his tiny house.

Carl also used icing on his. Makena used hot glue!

We were all in bed by 10.  There were no gifts for "Santa" to put together this year.  Just boring big-kid stuff, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.  I also didn't take many pictures on Christmas day.  I was just doing my best to stay present. 

These pictures are horrible quality but Makena has been asking for a darn 23 and Me kit for 2 years and I finally caved and got her one and it just might have been her favorite gift!!

Trey got a new guitar and loved it! I kept telling him that he didn't need another guitar, so he wasn't really expecting it. I think he was pretty happy with it! Oh, and that tall present was a rod and reel that he's been wanting.  The kid is not fishing pole or guitar poor!

All of my kiddos. 
I love having them all home.  Maybe one day I'll have a bigger house that we all fit in better.  Maybe I'll just have to wait on that bigger house until I make it to heaven and get that mansion. 

We went to my parent's house later Christmas morning.

Trey got some goose call he wanted (?) 
BOYS!

Makena Faith asked for this book.

More presents!

Carlie with her Michael Kors purse.

Caleb, opening his stocking with his buddy, Toby

T-Money got a new pullover.

Makena got a new pink ice chest (they didn't have any purple in stock).

We came back home and prepared for Christmas lunch at my parents house. Carl had smoked some meat and my mom was fixing the trimmings. Things were so different just three or four years ago.  We always went to my Grammy's for Christmas lunch and then to my Papaw Garrett's for Christmas dinner.  Now Grammy isn't able to remember what she even had for lunch, much less cook for anyone, and Papaw is gone...
We had such a nice Christmas. Now to get it all taken down and get things back in order!

Thank you Lord for the gift of Christmas.  For sending Jesus as a baby to save us from our sins. There is no greater gift.

Much Love,
Beth




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a