Skip to main content

NYE and 2021 Week 1

We started our New Years Eve celebration off at my parents house.  Carl, my dad, and Trey fried fish, hushpuppies, biscuits, and fries.  It was all so delicious!  We had hoped that the weather would clear up before night, but that didn't happen.  It was pretty cold and nasty out, so we stayed indoors (no fireworks or bonfires).  
My sister and her family were able to be with us this year.  The age difference between my oldest and her youngest is about 9 years.  It's hard to find a fun activity that everyone can participate in.  We stayed for a few hours then left and went home.  Carlie and Caleb came over and we stayed out at the shop playing darts and ping pong.  They weren't able to stay long because Carlie was on call on New Years Day so she had to be in Little Rock by 6:30 a.m.  
Carl, Makena, Trey, and I spent the rest of the night inside where is was dry and warm.  We welcomed the new year in our jammies and were all in bed by 12:30.  We're real party animals around here!

Makena Faith

The big kid table
They played a game of Uno and Guess Who to humor the younger kids.

There's always lots of food at Pop's table

I had to take a selfie with Toby. He is my favorite family member.
We will just overlook those wrinkles on my forehead.

Happy New Year from the Garretts/Mungers/Sturches/Prices!

Me and Makena went to my parents and got talked into doing a puzzle.
Toby wanted to eat his snack (cheese) at the table with us.  

This also happened within our first week of the new year.
Carl finally took the plunge and shaved! He hasn't had a bare face in at least 18 years.
I think he looks younger but he thinks he looks like a puss (his words, not mine).
He's cute either way :)

Someone handed the baby to Trey and he just rolled with it!
Poor Ryker was wishing Trey would set him up, but he never fussed.


The start to the new year hasn't been all that bad for us.  We know of many families who can't say the same though.  So many are sick with not only Covid, but also cancer.  Carl's mom is still sick, but his step-dad seems to be well on his way to recovery.  Many have died.  As this pandemic hits closer to our area I still believe that God is in control. He knows my birth date as well as my death date and I firmly believe that there is nothing that can change that date.  So what do you do?  I'm going to live.  I will wear the dang mask in places that mandate it, but I am just going to go about my business as usual.  
You cannot sing, "God is in control" and live in fear.  It doesn't work that way.  You just have to know that you know what you know....you know?  You don't have to be a slave to fear.  If you belong to The King of King and Lord of Lords, you know that our time on this earth is pretty much the equivalent of a second in comparison to eternity.  No matter how bad things get here (and I believe the worst is yet to come), I know what is waiting for me in eternity.  So yes, these times that we are living in can be quite scary, but they are also exciting.  We are living out these end times! Jesus is coming soon and what a day that will be.

Much Love, 
Beth









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a