Skip to main content

Weekend Rewind

 It's Tuesday and I'm just now getting the weekend rewind up. Today has been Monday part two around here! Here is a look at what we did over the weekend:

On Thursday we had a mini photoshoot.  Makena was needing an updated picture, and she just got a haircut and feeling all fresh, so we headed out to find a spot! I swear she is the most photogenic of the three of my kids.  She definitely didn't get that from her momma!





On Friday night Carlie and Caleb asked us to eat dinner with them at their house.  Carlie was off all day on Friday and spent a good part of the day cooking.  We had tenderloin, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob.  She also made a cake! Ah, I remember being excited about cooking for others! 


Trey thought it would be cute to pick Macy up.
She is a bit of a terror but super sweet.
I think she was a bit heavier than he expected.

On Saturday we were back to bowling.  Trey had a pretty good first game.  His second game was terrible.  He knew it too.  As you can see in the picture below, he was thrilled.  It shouldn't matter, but sometimes the people you have bowling beside you does affect how your bowling goes.  Trey isn't super competitive with his bowling.  Maybe he should be? The kid we bowled with on this particular week is competitive, but his parents are worse!  I'm just like, "chill the heck out, it's just bowling!". Sheesh! 


Saturday afternoon was my niece, Ellie Kate's birthday party.  She had a tie-dye lama theme!  And believe me, that is so her. Her birthday is actually on the 20th but we had fun celebrating with pizza, presents, and cake!


Sunday was move-in day for Makena.  We left immediately after church. I think we took as much stuff this trip as we did in the fall!  Carl had to loft her bed for her and we had a shelf to take, so it was necessary for us to go.  I still don't let her lift heavy things.  There is always a fear in the back of my mind that she will re-injure her back and have to have a third surgery. She still gets irritated when I tell her to be careful.  We just know that if there ever has to be a third surgery, it will be a major surgery.

Quick selfie before we left.  
We love our sweet Kena!

I started working on my planner for the week and for some reason black and yellow just stood out to me. This was in the very early stages of planning.  I didn't get an after picture because when I remembered I had already written all in it. Maybe next week, I'll show you a little more of the planner set-up process. 

We are thankful for a fun weekend as a family. 

Much Love,
Beth












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a