Skip to main content

Book Review: The Bait of Satan

 Last week was a long week.  Being snowed-in is okay for a day or two but anything beyond that and boredom sets in. We watched multiple seasons of Longmire and lots of TikTok videos, consumed entirely too much food, and then we were tired of looking at each other and went to different rooms! 

I went to my library app and looked for some good books to download. The first one was a cookbook (I told you food was on my mind ALL WEEK!), then I came across a book called "The Bait of Satan".  You may have heard of it.  It is a Christian book by John Bevere that was released in 1994 (not new but believe me it sounds like it could have been written last year!). I have been so convicted since reading this book.  We all know that once we accept Jesus for our salvation that satan can no longer touch our souls, so he uses the trap of offense take us away of doing the work of God.  I never really considered myself as one to be offended easily but every day since reading this book I have thought about my actions and the behaviors that I possess that say different. I am more aware of the ways that I passively project offense and I want to change that! Satan has been doing his best to try and stop that change from happening.  Yesterday I felt a bit defeated but I know that as a believer I possess the power that raised Jesus from the dead living in me.  Today is a new day and with that comes a new opportunity to live what I believe.

There is also a Bible Study that would be great to do as a small group.

If you are looking for a book to read, I would highly recommend this one. It is eye opening!

"When you sow the love of God you reap the love of God.  We have to have faith in our Father's love. When we walk in a selfish love, we can become easily offended by disappointments when our expectations are not met by others.  The focus of offended Christians is inward.  An offended takes in life, but cannot release it." This is good stuff!

Much Love,

Beth



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a