Skip to main content

40 and Older Product Reviews- April 2021

 Happy Tuesday! I have been trying a few new things lately and I thought I'd share them with you guys in case you want to try them too!

Beauty

I have recently come to the conclusion that I am getting old (gulp) and while I'm not ready to go full-on gray with my hair, I am trying to slow up a little on the coloring because I just feel like the last time it made my hair extremely hard.  I have seen a ton of advertisements for root touch up products and thought I'd give it a try.

I decided to pick this one up at while I was out shopping at Wal-Mart but  I'm pretty sure that you can find it at most stores where hair products are sold.  Holy cow, this stuff comes out crazy fast and I'm not sure if I had a defective can or what because I made a huge mess (brown spots on my face).  I guess my main issue was that I had no control over where it went or how much came out.  It worked on covering up grays....and your scalp....and anywhere else that gets in the way.  If you want to try this product, BEWARE of the potential mess it could make.  
I continued to search.. and I found this product by TRUHAIR .

This is a powder that has a brush like a face powder.
It also has a control shield that can make the tip finer, 
so you can manage the exact spot you want it to go.


The bottle is a decent size and it seems to cover well.

If you use the TRUHAIR website to sign up for their newsletter and buy the product, you get a 10% off code.  It retails around $26.00.

Another great product that I have been using for almost a month is FORM by Le-Vel.
It is a collagen protein gel.  This kind of sold me because of the whole aging thing I spoke about earlier.  This is a great product for weight management and post-exercise recovery and repair, but the main selling point for me was that it supports strong bones and joints as well as supporting FIRM healthy skin.  It also tastes great, kind of like a mildly sour tootsie pop!


Swimwear

I usually wait until early May to begin looking for swimsuits.  I mean, who really enjoys that?! I am on top of things this year and have already found two great ones that I really like.  Both of them have great coverage for us "older" gals!
I found this super cute scalloped, high neck halter suit on Amazon.  It has a cute keyhole cutout in the front, a ruched torso for slimming (yes!!), and adjustable criss-cross spaghetti straps in the back.  It also comes in many colors and prints.  I ordered the size medium and it fits true to size.


While shopping in Wal-Mart I ran across this cute Time & Tru suit.  It features a knotted peek-a-boo plunge accent, adjustable straps, and removeable cups. It is a tankini so the top and bottoms are sold separately for just $16.88 each!  It also comes in many other colors and prints.  This particular one is called abstract dot.  I got it in a medium and it fits true to size.




That wraps up my 40 and Older Product Review for this month! I hope to continue these fun posts for the rest of the year for all of us who are getting a little older but not wanting to look the part just yet!

Much Love,
Beth

























Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a