Skip to main content

Easter Weekend 2021

 Happy Monday!  That's pretty much an oxymoron, but it's a nice greeting none the less.  We had a fabulous weekend here on the homestead.  I got to spend lots of quality time with my family and we were able to spend Sunday worshiping as a family.  

Makena came in from school on Friday morning.  They didn't have classes because it was Good Friday.  We went to Carlie's house (she was also off!) , then went shopping, and came home and enjoyed the sunshine!  Mama is always happy when all of her babies are home!

Saturday was a very lazy day around here. We hung out outside, played ball, went for a walk, grilled some chops, and then went for a ride to the farm to look for frogs.  Notice I said LOOK and not HUNT.  There was no illegal hunting going on, I promise.

My mom brought Trey and Makena their Easter treats.
You're never too old for treats!

Makena was helping Boone get familiar with the chickens.
MJ, the barn cat had to hop in and see if she was feeding real food.
Sorry MJ, it was just meal worms

On Sunday we dressed in our Easter Sunday best and went to worship our risen Savior.  My pew was full and so was my heart. We went to my parent's house for lunch with our extended family and our pastor and family also came.  It was such an enjoyable afternoon. It was such a beautiful weekend! I didn't take many pictures but here are the few that I got from Sunday.
Makena Faith and Trey

He's so cheesy...but I do love him!

All four of my babies

Just the six of us!

Makena didn't have to go back to school until today.  She has been working so hard, and I know this was a much needed break for her. We had planned on maybe going to the Little Rock Zoo, but we found out that you still have to wear masks while walking around on the grounds, so I said, "No thank you!"  Not when it' 80 degrees outside.  So we may take a weekend trip to the Memphis Zoo...the next time Carl is off on the weekend.  
We are super thankful that they were able to get in the field and get some crops in the ground. Not complaining at all.

"He is not here; He has risen. Just as He said."  Matthew 28:6

Much Love,
Beth










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a