Skip to main content

Weekend Recap with A Side Rant

 Good Monday morning! Hope you all had a great weekend.  We had a pretty fun one here on the homestead.  Everyone is feeling better, so we decided to give the river a go again.  Fresh air is the best medicine, right?!

My girls

We had the whole crew down.  

Carlie, Caleb, my parents and Toby with my niece and nephews, and then me, Carl, Makena, and Trey with a total of four boats.  We had this sand bar all to ourselves because lets face it, if you saw that many people in one spot, would you want to pull up?!  I know I wouldn't!
Makena with her lunch.

Toby G

Me and my girls
I am pretty proud of the relationship we have.
I have always wanted them to be able to tell me anything without fear of judgement or me not speaking to them, and I feel like that rings true for the most part. I call them out on their crap and you better believe they call me out on mine!
I love them and will always do my best to support them in whatever they do.

On Sunday we went to church.  It was actually a pretty sad sight.  There had been a total of nine people to test positive for the "c" word in our church.  The last one being Makena who started showing symptoms 11 days before Sunday.  Ya'll, hardly anyone showed up for church. Was it fear of "C"?  I could go on a rant that would make me look like a bad person when it comes to this particular subject, but it all comes down to this:  If you trust Jesus with your salvation, why don't you trust him with your life?  I cannot tolerate the fear mongering that goes on with a lot of people.  I am fully aware of how dangerous "c" can be.  But I am also aware of the preying that the media does.  And "v's", Lord Jesus, we won't even go there because this blog is a family blog.  Our world is a dark and scary place.  I believe we are seeing prophecies fulfilled on the daily.  The end is near.  It may get even darker BUT I know how the story ends.  I know I have a home in heaven where I will live eternally and if God is for me, who can stand against me? If God takes me out of this world tomorrow my kids will be fine.  He will provide for them.  Carl will be fine.  He will provide for him. Just stop with the fear mongering, okay?
-Sorry about the rant.  Here are some more pictures from our Sunday.  We only stayed at church for Sunday School because we had to move Makena in her dorm at 2. 
Her new home for the year.
We love Ouachita!

Daddy was taking a break after we got everything set up.

Makena and her daddy :)

They do love each other.

Terrible picture of me, but I do love that girl!

My smarty pants, ready to rock her sophomore year!

Her first day of in-person classes!

I took this screenshot of Makena with some of her friends at a board game night.
She looks so happy and that make me so happy!

It was a fun-filled weekend.  After we dropped Makena off we made our way to Carlisle to eat with some of my family at Nick's for my Papa's 93rd birthday!  I didn't get any pictures but we had a good time. We were tired when we finally got back home. 

It was a fun, productive weekend and I am thankful to have spent it with my people!

Much Love, 
Beth



















  















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a