Skip to main content

Homeschool Haul 2021

 Hey guys, it's that time of year again: Back to Homeschool! I thought I would share my haul of homeschool things that we will be using for tenth grade this year.

His subjects this year include: Bible Doctrines, Algebra 2, English 10, Spanish 1, World History and Biology.

I think I am most excited for Biology.  I loved it in high school and I loved teaching it with the girls!  The video teacher, Miss Stancel is a little odd, but does an excellent job in explaining.  We have a microscope and a few animal parts (Carlie insisted on having them, so we ordered them).  Trey said he doesn't want to do any dissections but we will at least do a frog.  I think we have a cow heart in our parts. I got a little freaked out when we first ordered because you can get all kinds of animals, and I do mean all kinds.  That includes cats and dogs! I cannot even imagine dissecting Rover.
We are using the all-in-one A Beka curriculum again.  It is what we are used to and unless their prices get completely unreasonable, we will continue using them through the twelfth grade. I think right now for the videos and books (considered their academy) it is $1300.00 a year.
The two main books he will be reading with the class (in World Literature) this year are Julius Caesar and Silas Marner.  I have already done these twice before and I have some very fun ideas to (hopefully) engage Trey. He learns a lot differently than the girls. Once I figured out what works more for him, it was cake!
My back to school arrangement.
Trey mostly does his school on the couch or at the dining room table.
When the girls were still in high school I had them in three different rooms.
This just works better for us.  

I usually leave the back to school decorations up for a couple of weeks then as soon as September hits, I bring all the fall stuff out!

When I began this journey six years ago, I was scared and had absolutely no idea what I was doing.  I knew I had made the right decision in removing my children from the Christian school they were at. Over the years I have gained a ton of confidence and I have never regretted my decision to homeschool!  My kids have thrived in homeschool. My girls were accepted to colleges and have done very well.  It still blows my mind that Carlie is working in an O.R. every day and Makena is doing great, making the Dean's List and having a great time making new friends from all over. I don't say any of that to brag.  It took me ten years to yield to that whisper from the Lord. If I could go back I would definitely have done it sooner. If we obey, Jesus will take care of the rest!
Trey still wants to join the Marines when he graduates.  I am doing my best to talk him out of that. I know God has a plan for him, I just pray that he will let God lead him in his decision making.

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord, and not unto men; know that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23-24

Much Love,
Beth









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a