Skip to main content

Listen Up!

 We had such a good time going to see Makena in her steel drum concert at OBU on Wednesday night.  She did great (although I think she was a tad bit nervous)! She and her roommate, Jenna were on the front row playing the melody.  Jenna loves music and playing music just like Makena does. This was their chance to have a little fun at the end of the semester when things are not so fun. Finals are coming up next week and Makena has told me she feels like she is running on fumes. I am praying for all of the students who are studying their tales off over the next week! May you all remember everything you've studied this semester 💓 

Here are a few pictures that I got with my big camera.  My phone pictures suck and I just refuse to get another one until this one completely dies. Oh, and yes, Trey was with us but avoided my pictures 😕






Most of the beginning steel drum band and Tiger Steel group
Some had already left before they decided to get a picture. 

How amazing is this sky?!

After we got back home from Arkadelphia on Thursday, I went to a Christmas party with our Ladies Bible Study group.  It was a nice time of fellowship and our pastor's wife gave a very timely devotional.   I thought the devotional was great when she gave it but then this morning when I was getting ready for church the preacher on the podcast I was listening to preached on the same thing:   God doesn't give us all the pieces at once because we couldn't handle it all at once.  Now our pastor's wife was specifically speaking about Mary the mother of Jesus and even us today. The pastor this morning was generally speaking on the same thing but more specifically the birth of Jesus and all of those surrounding the story (the message was titled "Kept in the Dark"). 
Now I am a firm believer that when something is given so plainly to me more than once in a short period of time, God is telling me to listen up! Sometimes speaks in a still, small voice, and sometimes He is right in your face so you are sure to get what He has to say.  If we listen and pay attention, He will always speak to us. I am so thankful for that.  

Much Love,
Beth











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a