Skip to main content

Weekend Recap

 Happy Monday!  It's unreal how fast that comes back around isn't it?!  I love the weekends not because I go out and do any kind of partying, but because it is a little bit of a break from school and work (sometimes).  We had a great weekend, but one thing that I didn't blog about on Friday was our fun trip to Arkadelphia.  Our church had a fish fry for the MBSF students and also for the students at Henderson State University.  Now, you may wonder, "why not Ouachita"?  Good question.  As it turns out, the Missionary Baptist Student Fellowship isn't exactly welcome on a private Southern Baptist campus.  Now the MBSF still serves students on both campuses, they just serve them at the Center (which is on the Ouachita side and right across from the Henderson campus).   

Here are a few pictures I took.  It isn't many because we were super busy.  

My two handsome cooks

Trey, Carl, and my dad

We are so thankful for all of our helpers!

Finally got to see Makena!
At this point it had been 10 days since she was home. 
 It doesn't sound like much but that is a lot for her.

I forgot that I snapped this picture of our pastor's kids, Michael and Liam.
In fact, I am pretty sure that I took a picture of everyone we took from our church except for me and our pastor's wife, Stacey. Oh well, maybe next time!

After we finished feeding the masses, we cleaned up our mess and all of the people on the church van left.  Carl, Trey, and I stayed and waited on the fish oil to cool so we could drain the cookers.  We went with Makena to the lake.  Like I said, it had been about 12 days since I had last seen her and I was wanting to spend all of the time I could with her because she was leaving on Friday for a trip with the Ouachita history department to visit some historical sights and museums in Mississippi (about 5 hours away for her).  She had a blast by the way, but she is ready to come home...it's almost been a month since she was here!
It was the most beautiful day.  Temperatures around 80 degrees and full sun!
Trey was trying to show Makena how to skip a rock when we drove down to the lake.

My 95lb mini horse
We love our B-Dawg, no matter his size.

Carlie sent me this last night.  Look at the dog's expression!
She and Caleb are working on Wrenley's room, and she was showing me that he got the bed put together, but when I saw Macy's face, all I could do was laugh.  Carlie is about 15 weeks along now and has started feeling the baby move.  I remember how precious that was!  Still haven't decided on a grandma name. I have a few more months :)

That pretty much sums up our weekend.  We did grill hamburgers on Saturday night and Carlie and Caleb came out and ate but I forgot to take any pictures.  It was a laid back weekend for the most part.  Remember that flooring that we bought in late January?  Well, it still isn't down yet.  We are one step closer to putting it down because Carl and Trey went and picked up the subflooring on Saturday morning. I guess I'm going to have to start nagging 😂 Maybe I'll have some before and after pictures to post at the end of the week.

Hope you all have a great rest of the week!

Much Love, 
Beth















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a