Skip to main content

Beach Trip 2023

 We finally made it back to the beach!  You see signs and read Instagram captions about "the beach is my happy place" all the time.  But seriously, it is my happy place.  My whole family loves the beach! We had a little getaway (seems that is all we can ever get) and got some much needed time in the sun.  

This was on our way to drop Boone off at doggy daycare.  
Am I the only one who almost cries when dropping their pet off while they go on vacay?
He probably knew that something was up when we all packed into the car.
We were pretty sqished with Boone, his dog food, Trey's guitar, and big 'ole hat :)

Carpool karaoke, Dad Edition!
Pretty sure he was jamming to Luke Bryan 😅

Mr. Cool was playing us a tune.

Love me a family beach trip!
I was sad that Carlie, Caleb, and Wrenley couldn't come.  Carlie was afraid that Wren wouldn't ride well for that long (8 hours) and then she got sick with pneumonia a few days before we left. 
 Thankfully she made a pretty quick recovery.

We had storms all around us every day but it never really rained us out!
Ya'll, can we just talk about this dang 'stache that Trey is sporting😑
I keep telling him how gross it looks but he hasn't budged with shaving it.
Surely it is just a phase like the mullet!

This kid...he was on a banana boat ride that he arm wrestled for.
I will probably never understand the male species.


This made his whole trip!
We were actually down when the Blue Angels were practicing at Pensacola!


 I will give it to him, they were pretty cool to see. 
What wasn't cool was that the practice got cut short due to a storm.
Let me set the scene: they called it off after about 30 minutes about 5 minutes after we got up to head to the museum, it started pouring.  I mean, monsoon. We were soaked to our underwear.
Over 3,000 people headed to one entrance. Everyone wet.  Thunder, lightning...the works!
We decided to go to the gift shop to find a sweatshirt and then lightning struck the building and the power went out! I was low-key freaking out and told Carl that I would rather take my chances outside, under the awning in the storm instead of staying in the museum with no power and giant airplanes hanging from the ceiling! So we waited outside for about 15 minutes and then I said forget it and went to find the car. In the pouring rain. We rode back to Gulf Shores in silence...soaked to the bone.
It was an adventure for sure!
Thankfully it wasn't storming in GS and we were able to head out to our beach. Day saved. The End!

Carl was still up in the room.  We got tired of waiting on him :)

I pretty sure this was a different day, but who cares? Am I right?!

The water was pretty darn near perfect.
I got stung by a jellyfish once, and it wasn't even that bad.
The waves were great also.

Trey and Makena were ready to parasail!

💕💕

Make a wish!



Makena Faith celebrated her 21st birthday on our last night at the beach!
She got to pick the restaurant and decided on LuLu's.  The wait was about an hour but we just chilled and waited. There was a live band and they had the whole restaurant sing Happy Birthday to her.
She also got a warm brownie and ice cream :) 

Happy Birthday, my sweet Makena Faith!
We love you to the moon and back to infinity and beyond!
Here's to many more!

Always my baby even though he will be 18 in a couple of months.

He wanted me to take a few pictures of him.
You would think that people at the beach had never seen a boy in a cowboy hat with a guitar before.
One kid came up to him and asked him to play Morgan Wallen :)


Buc-ees!

Someone had to go back to Pensacola before we left so she could get that sweatshirt :)
We made a quick pass through the museum too 😜

I don't know if you can tell but it is pouring down rain AGAIN!
Something about us visiting Pensacola, I guess.

Sometimes he co-operates  :)

It was a great trip! I wasn't really ready to come back like I usually am.  Life has just been a lot lately.  This was a much needed break!! Before we know it Makena and Trey will both be starting their senior years of college and high school. Time is flying for sure! 
Enjoy every little moment.

Much Love,
Beth













































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a