Skip to main content

The Rest of July


Hey friends and welcome back to the blog! When we returned from our beach trip things got super busy and I just simply didn't have the time or the brain power to put two sentences together.   

So here we go back to July 24th...my birthday! My family was so sweet to me and made my day extra special.  I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few that I did get:

He thinks it's funny that I am older than he is!

Makena is off on Mondays, so we slept-in and then spent the afternoon at the pool :)
I sure love that girl!

I had the cutest (although sleepy) little helper!
Hard to believe that next month she will be 1!

Carl and Trey finally got the boat put back together...and she runs!  We had a few things to tweak after our first trip out, but we are so pleased that we were able to make it to the river this year!  Maybe next year we will have the big boat ready.
Boone was happy to be there too!

*when actual temps are this high, river time is needed!*

Makena and Trey have a constant argument about who will get the boat when Carl dies (😌)
Makena is confident that it will be hers 😆

My parents even came down with us.

Toby came too!

On the boat again!

Trey in the little boat.
He never rides with us. Having your own fishing/hunting boat is a rite of passage around here, just as much as turning 16 and getting a car.  We are just glad that he still wants to hang out with us 
(most of the time!)

My parents boat.

We enjoy staying out as late as possible because this is probably one of the coolest times of the day.

Sunsets on the river are truly breathtaking.

Makena made it in the newsletter that the museum sends out to its donors.
I am so proud of her.  She is gearing up to leave for school in a few weeks and I will miss her dearly.

Speaking of school:

Trey's books arrived! I am way more excited about it than he is :)

I had the bright idea of pulling up the carpet in the office.
It seemed like a pretty simple job.  I knew there was hardwood underneath it.
This was my mother's bedroom as a little girl, and these are the original floors.

I swept, mopped, and repeated about 4 times.  It looks better than in the picture, I just never went and took another one.  We have big plans to paint in here too.  All of this is supposed to be done for Trey to have a school room.  Mostly because I will have Miss Wren and he needs to have his own space that isn't so easily accessible to her.  He starts back on August 28th and Carl will probably be harvesting before then, so we will cross our fingers and toes, and say a quick prayer that it gets done.

We also celebrated Grammy's 88th birthday in July.
My people with Grammy :)
Don't worry, we didn't take Grammy to a bar, the restaurant had a bar and they forgot to put our reservation down, so we got moved to the bar area which wasn't in service because it was a Sunday.

My babies💓

Wren is always the star of the show!

It was a busy month!  August will bring lots of fun for sure. Makena moves back to school, Trey will start back at the end of the month and then there are all of the fun activities :) Oh, and of course harvest is just around the corner! 

"But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.  They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8

Just a reminder that trusting God brings peace and security, because now you are hooked to a the source of life, power, and prosperity!

Much Love,
Beth
















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a